How much for carby tune?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much for carby tune?

How much should it cost to get my ZX6 carby's tuned? Old mate at Dirt Werx reckons about $500-$600 to re-jet, dyno and synchronise carbs. sound a bit steep to me or is that about right? suggestions on any other carby tuners around perth would be great too
    Yes officer, I did see the speed limit sign. I just didn't see YOU!

Edit: nevermind
    Commander Keen
    Last edited by Commander Keen; 11-04-2011, 12:32 PM.
    Originally posted by Desmo
    Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by G-Bek View Post
      sound a bit steep to me or is that about right?
      thats a rip

i gave them a call a while back for a dyno run no tuning just spin the bike up and give me the a/f readout and they wanted quoted $275 for 15 min work- fuckn LOL you cannot blame them for trying i spose. called rilusi and they spun it for $50

to give you a feel for what is reasonable todd patterson only charged me ~$250 to dial in my r1 on his tuning link dynojet which consisted of about 40 dyno runs over 2 to 3 hours and pattersons ducati are a long established bike business in WA with a long history of building and tuning modified bikes. who are dirtwerx and what experience do they have that warrents such outrageous pricing?

just give derek ball or k tech a call and ask them to take a look at your bike. i seriously doubt your $3000 carby 2000ish model zx6 needs $600 of worth of dyno time to get it running properly.
      Originally posted by Bendito
      If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by g0zer View Post
        thats a rip

i seriously doubt your $3000 carby 2000ish model zx6 needs $600 of worth of dyno time to get it running properly.
        exactly what i thought. is derek ball a shop?

Comment

If you enjoy DIY like I do. Buy an air/fuel sensor (around $200 i think) and a jet kit. It will take a lot of time but once you get it right its a great feeling plus you will now know what is involved, most stores do not tune carbs anymore.

With the air/fuel sensor you weld in a bung and then you can screw in the sensor. If you want to use the sensor on another few vehicle just get another bung and get someone to weld it in. Plus if the bike/car is ever feeling rough just plug it in and it will save you a trip to the mechanics.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Bek View Post
            exactly what i thought. is derek ball a shop?
            nope he is a mobile bike mechanic

unless the bike has been seriously modified (and thats not a slipon muffler) there will be no need to screw with jetting. if the bike is not running well, just give it to a bike mechanic such as D Ball or K tec and tell them its not running well and let them diagnose the problem with no pre conceptions and quote for a fix.

im gonna go out on a limb here, and assume you tried to book it into D.Werx because its not running well.

Do you know that the reason its nots running well is that the carbs are out of sync?? or that they are jetted incorrectly? maybe its not running well cos it needs a set of plugs in which case you will have agreed to pay someone $600 to fix a problem that could have been corrected with $30 of plugs in an hour.
            Originally posted by Bendito
            If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Do the carbs need to be tuned because you have modified the motor and the jetting is no longer appropriate, or is it simply they are not running right probably due to age and neglect? There are a few hours involved in getting to them so I wouldn't expect it to be cheap might be worth looking up what you need to set up a manometer and give them a basic balance and synch.
              Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by g0zer View Post
                nope he is a mobile bike mechanic

unless the bike has been seriously modified (and thats not a slipon muffler) there will be no need to screw with jetting. if the bike is not running well, just give it to a bike mechanic such as D Ball or K tec and tell them its not running well and let them diagnose the problem with no pre conceptions and quote for a fix.

im gonna go out on a limb here, and assume you tried to book it into D.Werx because its not running well.

Do you know that the reason its nots running well is that the carbs are out of sync?? or that they are jetted incorrectly? maybe its not running well cos it needs a set of plugs in which case you will have agreed to pay someone $600 to fix a problem that could have been corrected with $30 of plugs in an hour.
                nah you're dead right mate. the bike was sweet when i got it. it has a slip on but nothing i thought would need re jetting. i've changed the plugs already but seeing as it was ok then there shouldn't be much need for overpriced dyno runs. Cheers bud.

as for DIY carby tuning, not for me. rather pay someone to do it properly

Comment

the bike's not modified engine wise bar the slip on exhaust

Comment

You could also ride down the Hill to Motorcycle Masters in Kewdale and get Morrie to Check it out.
                    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every damn minute of it.

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me

Comment

Are those motorcycle masters guys any good? Any other suggestions for carby bike tuners?

Comment

i rate motorcycle masters. Morrie and Lee are good honest blokes who know their stuff. they tuned my R6 carbies some time back and its been sweet since. they also know a lot about the older bikes
                        We cannot expect people to have respect for law and order until we teach respect to those we have entrusted to enforce those laws - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Yep never had any dramas with em in the past

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
                          Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

Working...
                          X