Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC5 problem for GSXR 750 K7

Hey guys, how are we all.

Just wanted to ask the knowledgeable folk of the PSB community a question. I have fitted an M4 exhaust and PC5 to my bike. Everything went beautifully first up, apart from having to convert the map from the PC website from a PCIII map to a PC5 map, but no other problems...until! I noticed that when changing gears at high RPM (circa 13k) when I released the clutch and opened the throttle again nothing would happen for a couple of seconds. then the power would come back on again. This only seemed to happen when changing gears at high revs.

Would appreciate any info and advice guys!

Cheers!
    Mish

Cos your supposed to have a PC3, it lists what pc is compatible.
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
      Cos your supposed to have a PC3, it lists what pc is compatible.
      This.

Wanna sell it? Interested.
      Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground...

Comment

Intersting coz they say it's compatible for a K7. The PC5 software actually have a converter to change the map from a PCIII map to a PC5 map.

Comment

Originally posted by Mish View Post
          when changing gears at high RPM (circa 13k) when I released the clutch and opened the throttle again nothing would happen for a couple of seconds. then the power would come back on again.
          are you certain the cause is the PC?

if you are, then is the problem repeatable? if it isnt then it is unlikely to be a programming problem.

if the problem is intermittent then maybe its an EM interference thing or a poor connector.

could also be unstable voltage to the PCV, if your voltage regulator is letting the DC feed to the PCV creep up with rpm it could cause the device to play up. where are you taking the power feed for the device?
          Originally posted by Bendito
          If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

On the power commander website it lists PC3 for K7, (For a 04 r1 that use to take a PC3 now lists a PC5) Is there anything on the gixxer forum running a PC5 ???

Edit*
            They got the US model running a PC5 pics towards bottom
            Power Commander 5 installation with Pics - Page 4 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
            Last edited by Halo_2; 14-04-2011, 06:14 PM.
            "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Contacted them to see if it's a known problem/bug?
              2006 Yamaha R1SP;
              In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
              Amen, brother. Amen.
              My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

not sure if the 1000 is the same as the 750 but a PC3 was definitely the only one compatible for me.

Comment

Thakns for all the replies guys. G0zer, the problem is easily repeatable. Just change gears while up high in the RPM. The power is coming from the battery I'm fairly sure. I just assumed that it was the power commander that was causing it. I have also put an M4 carbon slip-on...could that be doing it?

I have sent the power commander guys and the guys I got the PC5 from (motomummy.com who provided excellant service, although if it turns out it's not compatible then I will be unhappy!), but have very limited access to my mail as I'm offshore at the moment. Will let you guys know what they say.

Hoping that all I need to do is get a custom tune to sort it out. Really would not like to have to rip out the PC5 and buy a PCIII and install that!

Thanks again guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X