Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona 675R, Any Good?

Hi guys

I was thinking of spashing out on a new bike, Just wondering if anyone has ridden the Triumph Daytona 675R? ... the new 2011 one.. if so comments?, and is it much different to the base 675? and does anyone know the wait-time to get one?
    Basicaly I'm upgrading to a larger capacity bike... but as I'm comming off an RS I don't want to go straight to a heavy 1000cc+ bike, plus I've had a look and in terms of bang for your buck as well as re-sale and they seem to be up my ally.

Cheers guys
    sigpic

Somewhere on this forum, Someone purchased one.

Comment

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-today-125306/

There we go, Thought I'd grab the link for you since its title is a little off, Definatley would be one to speak to about it.

Comment

thanks dude! appreciate it mate!
        ... Domestic Blindness
        sigpic

Comment

Although this response isn't going to be a direct answer to your immediate question I still feel it is worth a mention.

1) Don't buy a bike for it's resale value. It is a depreciating asset and buying new is not a recommendation if resale is a concern.

2) Don't rule out a 1000cc bike just because you are stepping up from a 250. A 675R has more than enough power to punish you for your mistakes and the same mentality should be taken when riding any "big" bike .

My recommendation, which I am sure is similar to many others, is to ride as many bikes as you can without consideration of engine capacity and resale value.

As for availability, last I heard was mid-May but that was nearly a month ago now so it is probably further out.
          We are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride.

Comment

2 wheels did a review (04/11).

Got a good write up although the reviewer commenting on the price difference between the standard 675 and the 675R: "The brand names [Ohlins forks & Brembo brakes] will add an aura of excellence to an already phenomenal machine but as an option the $1000 price difference could be spent tailoring a stock Daytona 675 to your tastes".

I actually bought the R version of the Street Triple because I believed it to be worth it for the upgrades. As always these things are a personal choice.
            My bike: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...vehicle&id=976

Comment

Originally posted by SVInfinity View Post
              2 wheels did a review (04/11).

Got a good write up although the reviewer commenting on the price difference between the standard 675 and the 675R: "The brand names [Ohlins forks & Brembo brakes] will add an aura of excellence to an already phenomenal machine but as an option the $1000 price difference could be spent tailoring a stock Daytona 675 to your tastes".

I actually bought the R version of the Street Triple because I believed it to be worth it for the upgrades. As always these things are a personal choice.
              Yes, up to a point. But if at a later date you want to upgrade suspension and brakes on a standard daytona 675, it'll cost you a lot more than $1000. For me no thought is required, it's most definitely worth the extra grand.
              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

A grand for Ohlins and Brembos is a fucking steal.
                You could not add the performance they add for twice that money aftermarket.
                They aren't just a name, they have the reputation they do for being utterly brilliant.

Comment

Plus a quickshifter and lashings of carbon too.
                  Originally posted by Desmo
                  Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

If I wasn't already on a Striple R I'd be lining up for one of these.

Even if the colour scheme is completely naff. Red subframe? For cereals? Ugh...
                    such comment
                    wow
                    many post

Comment

Looks good in the flesh Cam. The pearl in the paint is nice in the sun too. Far as 1K more + another its worth it over a stock 675.

MM

Comment

Originally posted by Marty MOOSE View Post
                        Looks good in the flesh Cam. The pearl in the paint is nice in the sun too. Far as 1K more + another its worth it over a stock 675.

MM
                        I just can't get over the colour use.. too much variation. Keep the frame and subframe a single colour and I'd be stoked Love the rest of the look, but that bit of red poking out under the rear just looks like a poor afterthought.

The value for money seems outstanding though, an extra grand for all those goodies? Sold.
                        such comment
                        wow
                        many post

Comment

Originally posted by GETAGRIP View Post
                          1) Don't buy a bike for it's resale value. It is a depreciating asset and buying new is not a recommendation if resale is a concern.

While I agree with you , the Daytona's good resale value would put a big 1+ tick in my buying list compared to the japs.

Comment

Fuck resale, you don't buy bikes for their resale value.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                              Fuck resale, you don't buy bikes for their resale value.
                              such comment
                              wow
                              many post

Comment

Working...
                              X