Price Of Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price Of Parts

I'm pricing some parts for a ZX10R I'm fixing up and I can't believe the difference in cost between here and the US. Clocks form US $450 - From here $1200 !!. Headlights from US $300 - From here $650!! Even with shipping costs it's way cheaper to buy from there. How come we get ripped off here? :o

Economies of scale, import duties, taxes, etc.
    I'm probably asking you something you already know but,
    Does the headlight dip to the left?
    Are the clocks in kmh?

Comment

This morning I ordered a set of Racetech 1.2kg fork springs from America , even with shipping $50 cheaper.

Comment

Clocks are digital and can be swapped between Miles and KM - Headlights adjustable - All good :-)

Comment

Overseas will often be cheaper, just be careful.
          Because they are offshore it's harder to liase with them.
          If any problems arise with your order they are less likely to be able to contact you.
          Also, where possible, use Paypal for more security and authenticity.

Comment

Originally posted by huggy View Post
            Overseas will often be cheaper, just be careful.
            Because they are offshore it's harder to liase with them.
            If any problems arise with your order they are less likely to be able to contact you.
            Also, where possible, use Paypal for more security and authenticity.
            Mate to be honest I think I'd rather deal with some of the huge stores in the US than some of the stores over here, there's some fantastic sources online.

Yeah we do pay a lot more here. I don't know if the word 'ripped off' is fair, it's ecomomies of scale like the other poster said. It costs a lot to set up a store, hold stock, hire staff etc. They only sell a few parts compared to the stores overseas, so they have to mark it up more in order to make a living.

It's one of those things though, if they mark them up too much they have no living at all!

Go overseas with a dependable dealer and you can't go wrong imho.

And don't whinge about the price of Kawa gear, trying getting euro bike parts. Your mind will be blown!

Comment

Working...
            X