changing gear swith lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing gear swith lever

hi guys, I've order a new gear switch lever, because the one on my bike is bent. i had a look and I can't see anywhere to unscrew to remove just the lever, and all google has to say is how to SWITCH gears -_____-

help??

Gear lever or clutch lever?
    Just clarifying.

Comment

gear lever... yes, it's bent >.< haha

Comment

I don't know the bike and can't get a picture of the gear shift, do you have a parts fiche or workshop manual?
        Take a picture?

Comment

Does it look like this? If so there appears to be a circlip that holds it on.

-

Comment

yepp, that's it there =) it's got some well worn rubber stopper things around the connection, does it matter if i just throw it away, should it be replaced? and still, how to remove it??? none of the tools the bike came with seems to help here

Comment

Is there a circlip on the end of the pivot? see the groove for it to slip into?

Comment

Circlips are easy to remove with the right tool (circlip pliers) but with some fiddling you can get them off with screwdrivers and so on be careful not to bend the circlip.

-

Comment

hold on, I'll take it apart again and take a picture of it

Comment

Here's a better pic, looks like the lever is held to the linkage with a split pin. So it should be easy if you can get that circlip off.

-

Comment

ssoo, the picture..... I'm quite embarassed of the qualtiy of my phone right now, but that's ^ (angrid's picture) is it, so all I gotta do it bend the split pin up straight and slide it all out?

Comment

yes looks that way.

Comment

That'll get the linkage out of the lever but I reckon you will still need to get that circlip off
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStrike View Post
                            hold on, I'll take it apart again and take a picture of it
                            I thought taking it apart was the reason for this thread?

Comment

yerr, but I haven't got the replacement yet. just wanted to know I could do it myself =)) thanks so much for all your help

Comment

Working...
                              X