race bike setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• race bike setup

I have a 09 cbr1000rr i am setting it up for race just need to know with the overflow hoses were abouts did you run them into and if you used a bottle were abouts did you mount it?

From memory the couple of bikes I've seen, they do run into a bottle, and it was mounted on the left hand side just behind the engine mount.....
    Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

overflow bottoles.... be carefull on that one.

the rules state that certain overflows must vent into the rear of the airbox...no body likes this rule for a few reasons. should you pump oil from your crankcase breather, you really dont want that going into the airbox. also, the added pressure from your airbox going into the crank case isnt the best idea... but rules are rules.

find a spot to mount an overflow bottle, then vent that into the airbox. should at least catch some fluid before it gets into the airbox, but keeps it all nice and legal.
      The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Ok thanks what about the fuel tank overflow hose?

Comment

as per gcr 15.6.0.6

engine and gearbox breathing hoses and tubes, and the radiator overflow bottle vent, must exhaust into the airbox to the rear of the intakes. the lower airbox breather tube must be blocked.

Comment

do what you will with the fuel tank overflow... i guess.

Comment

Ok thanks guys for your help

Comment

Originally posted by 96 View Post
                also, the added pressure from your airbox going into the crank case isnt the best idea... but rules are rules.
                not always... can be a performance advantage. as long as your shaft seals are up to it.

Comment

Working...
                X