Used engine oil disposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used engine oil disposal

Anyone know somwhere I can legitimately dump about 15 litres of used engine oil? It's from various services on my road and dirt bikes. A friendly servo or somewhere where they have a waste oil recovery tank would be good.
    I wouldn't call it fascism exactly, but an (American) political system nominally controlled by an irresponsible, dumbed down electorate who are manipulated by dishonest, cynical, controlled mass media that dispense the propaganda of a corrupt political establishment can hardly be described as democracy either - Edward Zehr

The tip or marina. They normally have these facilities.

Comment

The Cleanaway site on the corner of Collier Road and Tonkin Hwy has an oil dump.
      Can you help with foster care?
      http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Cheers guys - I used to dump it at Royal Perth Yacht Club when my dad was a memeber there, now the place has security like Colditz to get in and out. Was trying to avoid an entire tip trip (and using one of my passes) just to put 3 x 5L oil containers in the pile.
        I wouldn't call it fascism exactly, but an (American) political system nominally controlled by an irresponsible, dumbed down electorate who are manipulated by dishonest, cynical, controlled mass media that dispense the propaganda of a corrupt political establishment can hardly be described as democracy either - Edward Zehr

Comment

The front lawn of this place is also a good bet:
          181 Roberts Road
          SUBIACO

y'know, for old times sake....
          Can you help with foster care?
          http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

You shouldn't have to use one of your tip passes for recyclables...

Comment

run it along the edge of your fence line, great for keeping weeds down and out,
              National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

There was a place in Kenwick that used to take old oil, a recycling place IIRC, on the old part of Albany Hwy (was a few years ago that I last went there)

Comment

Since its recyclable cant it go in the recyclable bin?

Comment

Don't whatever you do put in the recycle bin, you'll be up for big fines and cleanup fee when it gets compacted and goes all over the road. Most tips take FOC, Armadale tip takes up to 20ltrs FOC.

Comment

put it on your verge on recycle week they will take 1 bottle per week have to do it slowly, i go thru lots of oil, i dump one at my parents front lawn and one at my place on recycle weeks to get rid of it.

Comment

Some shires take it away as part of you rubbish collection. Certainly not all.
                        Balcatta tip is also an option. Upto 20L for no charge from memory.
                        Respect is earned, not enforced.

Comment

Tamarla park and red hill take all recycle waste in house hold quantities for free.

Mindarie Regional Council - Household Hazardous Waste

Comment

SOR but the Randford Road waste disposal site has a free to use for anyone drum, where you can dump as much as you like, I save up 30 ~ 40 litres before I bother to go and get rid of it.

Map.
                            Doug

Comment

Originally posted by kuba View Post
                              Since its recyclable cant it go in the recyclable bin?
                              thats what i do with mine

and my batteries

if wa dont want to get serious about recycling i can only do what they provide
                              Last edited by HK31A; 26-04-2011, 06:28 PM.
                              do you think i lack self discipline

Comment

Working...
                              X