Starter Motor replace/recondition CBR600F4i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter Motor replace/recondition CBR600F4i

Well I've almost had about enough of fixing the problems on this bike - but I think I'm now on the last one and I can actually ride the sucker without a little voice in the back of my mind saying "When you stop - will she start again?" Oh what an educational experience it has been! Regulator, stator, switch block, and now...

I need to replace/recondition the starter motor - the brushes are gone and as much as I'd happily just drop the whole bike around to Kamahl or someone to take care of, I've been overseas for two weeks and it's now dead as a doornail with no joy of starting and I don't have easy access to a trailer.

If possible, can someone please instruct me where the starter motor is on the CBR600 (2001 model) so I can disconnect, remove and just drop that component off for reconditioning? Any more specific instructions if possible would be greatly appreciated - hoping it's an easy removal.

Thanks team!
    Originally posted by Michael Westen
    When fighting in the wilderness riding a bike, the biggest threats are often the ones you don't see: dehydration, exhaustion, and nerves.

You know kamahl and Derek Ball are mobile yeah?

Comment

I did not - this news makes me happy.
      Originally posted by Michael Westen
      When fighting in the wilderness riding a bike, the biggest threats are often the ones you don't see: dehydration, exhaustion, and nerves.

Comment

Working...
      X