Ninja ZX6r 636 2006 - Knocking Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninja ZX6r 636 2006 - Knocking Sound

As of today, my bike has started making a knocking sound which seems to only occur at low speed when I apply the throttle or when I take off from a standstill. I've heard it n 1st, 2nd and 3rd so far.

In my opinion the sound is from the gearbox. I have limited bike gearbox knowledge so was wondering if this might be a sign of clutch wear or something else. Thought I would ask PSB before I take it into the shop.
    Originally posted by Roger Explosion
    Running giveway signs is not hooning. Only dangerous actions like reving your engine is...

ticking or knocking?

does it do it in time with rpm or is it just a knock now and then? Need a bit more info on when it occurs.

Comment

I'm going to ride over to the other office soon, will take a bit more notice then.

Off the top of my head, it is a knocking sounds and does appear to be in time with RPM. But over a certain RPM, it is either drowned out in other engine noise or stops completely.
      Running giveway signs is not hooning. Only dangerous actions like reving your engine is...

Comment

Checked your chain lately?

Comment

+1 for chain. Let us know if its any different.
          :stupid:

Comment

Kwackas make all sorts of weird whistling and ticking sounds. If from lower right side then maybe loose chain. If a 'soft' ticking sound, maybe the auto-cam-tensioner-thingy hasn't clicked over yet?

Comment

changing my cam tensioner out this week ... more than a light ticking so must be buggered

Comment

Thanks all. I'm up North today and tomorrow, will check the chain and tensioner on the weekend.

Comment

re knocking noise

gee i had a brand new 2006 zx6 and it had a knock that became a load crunch as it snapped a crankshaft in half and locked solid........... id have a good look at it..........sorry

Comment

If you're getting a ticking/clicking sound from the right side of the bike just under the fuel tank, then it could be your auto cam chain tensioner. Just replace it with an APE manual cct.

Comment

Working...
                    X