Tacho/instrument unit for motard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tacho/instrument unit for motard

Tried doing the whole advanced search thing, looks like the engine's down.

I'm looking for a unit that will show me RPM (preferably in a bar), Speed (digital numerals), trip computer, shift lights and the usual warning lights (ie temp, oil, etc...)

It needs to be something that will be compatible with a yammi wr250x, I've gotten tired of only having speed readout, trip computer and odo.

Also, how hard are these units to splice into the harness? Should I get a shop to do it?

Oh yeah, I'm not too stressed about the price, because if the unit's any good it's something I'll probably keep.

Cheers, jarrod
    That bitch took my dollar...

Trailtech Vapor get one from o/s for $150 Aus deilvered.
    Originally posted by Abuse this
    Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

yeah I've seen that one. Have you put one on DRZ?

Comment

I bought a Koso.
        It's really between Trailtech and Koso for aftermarket dashes

They'll all do the job, just which one you prefer. Remember you'll want slimline for a Dirtbike/tard
        Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
        One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
        . .

Comment

I put one (Vapor) on an '82 CM250. they aren't terribly hard to set up if you have some understanding of electrical circuits. The instructions for the setup of the tacho, speed sensor and the power wiring were pretty clear and easy to follow it was just the neutral, oil and turn signals that required a bit of stuffing about.

Comment

Yeah got one on the DRZ had it fitted when Kamahl did the conversion and rebuild. Looking at the kit it would be relatively easy to DIY. Hardest part would be cutting the coolant hose to fit the thermocouple in for temp.

Comment

I like the look of the vapor stealth in the dash surround. Looks like it would tuck away pretty neat.

Comment

the koso ones arent a bad unit. they do heaps of different styles but the vapor i think is more tard suited. mickey6fingers just fitted one to his ktm 300, might be worth a PM
                Yes officer, I did see the speed limit sign. I just didn't see YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by jarrod View Post
                  I like the look of the vapor stealth in the dash surround. Looks like it would tuck away pretty neat.
                  I wouldn't bother with the dash surround. All you need is on the main unit, unless you have problems seeing you may have left indicator on.

Comment

yep... that sounds like me... keep saying to myself that I'll figure it out one day

Comment

I had the acewell unit on the DR. Was easy enough for me to install in a few hours, taking my time.
                      Originally posted by Desmogod
                      Nobody was bagging scooters, they were bagging you.

Comment

i put a trailtech vapor on my quad. very easy to install though didnt have to worry about indicators. the longest part was draining the coolant to install the temp sensor into the radiator hose.

Comment

i'm thinking I might freebay the vapor and dash surround and pick up a trailtech HID light unit at the same time then take it off to motopro or somewhere. unless someone can tell me otherwise?

Comment

I got one off a site I can't find here at work.

try these places maybe:

Motorcycle Superstore - Search

Comment

Working...
                            X