Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain lubrication

Hi all!

With the search function being somewhat out of order for me I'd like to get your advice on chain lub for my ninja 250. I saw one brand called crc tac2 at autopro but after a quick google search there some bad reviews with it flinging everywhere... That was the only one they had so are u guys able to recommend a brand that's good and where to get it ?

Cheers

Br3ndan

Try this. It aint cheap tho.

Click image for larger version

Name:	motol-lube.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	4879765
    - Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Creme View Post
      Try this. It aint cheap tho.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53727[/ATTACH]
      I found this really good aswell, well worth the money i think its $30 per can.

Comment

i use chain wax. comes in spray can. havent had any problems with it

now search is up clicky
        "pain is temporary glory is forever" - unknown

Comment

motul or silkolene. make sure you lube the chain properly tho or it wont matter what you buy. lube the inside of the chain AFTER a ride, not the outside of the chain.
          Originally posted by thunderbird79
          Once inside I will be too distracted by boobs

Comment

Adman, might come in next Friday and get some chain lube, I'm all out!
            On two wheels or four - the coastal road is heaven

Comment

Originally posted by Br3ndan View Post
              Hi all!

With the search function being somewhat out of order for me I'd like to get your advice on chain lub for my ninja 250. I saw one brand called crc tac2 at autopro but after a quick google search there some bad reviews with it flinging everywhere... That was the only one they had so are u guys able to recommend a brand that's good and where to get it ?

Cheers

Br3ndan

Brendan

The CRC is really good and heaps cheaper than the motorcycle specific lube. And as Adman said, try to get in the habit of lubing your chain after each ride when the chain is warm. Plus use it spairingly.

buelllord
              Women are like motorcycles, they should be ridden hard and kept well lubricated ...

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys!

I might try this bel ray next ... Can I get it from Dale brittons in vic park? They aren't too far from me... Or is there a better place to get it?

Comment

if your in winthrop you could try Prestige Honda in Myaree... not sure if they stock what your after, but they are the closest bikeshop to you that i know of. never actually been there myself, just have heard of it.
                  fairly certain it's just along leach, in between north lake and stock road.

Comment

I have tried a fair few different brands and all in all (even if they say anti fling) they all seem to fling off a little. I tend to try and lube the chain a little when i get home after a ride, while the chain is still warm, chuck it on the stand, only takes a minute. You dont need to put heaps on if you are gonna do it frequently.

As far as recommending a brand, Motul, Bel ray, Chain wax. Whatever you are using is better than not doing it at all.

Comment

CRC/WD40 is not a lubricant and it strips the grease in your O-ring chain. I have been through tons of chain lubes, wax and gels. My favorites are lubes made by motorex, motul and Silkoline in that order.

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post
                        CRC/WD40 is not a lubricant and it strips the grease in your O-ring chain. I have been through tons of chain lubes, wax and gels. My favorites are lubes made by motorex, motul and Silkoline in that order.
                        My chain has done in excess of 40,000 kms using WD40 as a lubricant. No complaints here
                        Adventure before Dementia

Comment

We use that exact Motul one. I just bought a small can of something, can't remember what it is, recommended by Kim Britton, but it fits under the hump and comes with me everywhere. Don't know why, convenience I suppose.
                          How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.

Abe Lincoln

Comment

I am using the Motul stuff - The belray tended to leave a bit of white residue around the place - even after letting it dry properly - looks a bit suss on a black bike...

Comment

I like the motul road stuff stays on for ages, and not much 'fling off' just dont stick too much on then you might . I got mates that like the belray stuff but im not a fan of white chains, unless yer trying to cover up a rusty chain...
                              Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together...

Comment

Working...
                              X