Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G 650 gs 2011 bmw

Hello Everyone,
    My dad let me come along to the Winery in the Swan Valley with the BMW's on show today.
    Whilst there, dad let me look at/ sit on a G 650 GS..
    LAMS is apparently coming in at the end of the Year according to the blokes at BMW.
    I was wondering if anyone has a GS 650, or has given the new one a test run and could let me know what it's like? (even older model reviews would be awesome!)
    I'm really curious as I'd really like one when I have the funds and hopefully my L's...
    Thanks everyone!
    Twigs

I reckon if you are still at a stage where you Dad lets you look at bikes and sit on them, you arent at a stage where you can handle a 650.
    My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Originally posted by redfern View Post
      I reckon if you are still at a stage where you Dad lets you look at bikes and sit on them, you arent at a stage where you can handle a 650.
      I'd never fit on a 250.
      I'm 6'2'' and about 70kgs.
      the bikes about 140kgs, 50hp.....

Comment

I dunno Mr Fern. A 650 is physically a lot bigger than other learner bikes. More room to stick "Daddy's little princess" stickers on them!

OT, they are pretty exy, but if you can afford one, no reason as to not buy one.
        Can you help with foster care?
        http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Originally posted by twigstarox View Post
          I'd never fit on a 250.
          I'm 6'2'' and about 70kgs.
          the bikes about 140kgs, 50hp.....
          Well tell that to people like me who were bigger than that and we all fit fine, massive people fit on 250, a hell of a lot bigger than you and me.
          My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Originally posted by twigstarox View Post
            LAMS is apparently coming in at the end of the Year according to the blokes at BMW.
            Don't get your LAMS hopes too high yet, it will happen but its part of about 8 changes that;

The multi-year project is targeted for completion in 2012 and is comprised of three stages:
            Consultation
            Regulation
            Implementation.
            Ready to roll in another 8 months? are we talking about the same Transport Dept?

One thing is for sure, some of the proposed changes will require learners to jump through more hoops and learn more than is currently required. One of the proposals is the requirement to do a mandatory riding course before you can get your learners.
            Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Thanks for the LAMS info Darkfibre......
              It was just an Idea I was throwing around, I was just looking for feedback on the bike.
              Thanks everyone for your input

Comment

Get onto the bmwmcwa forum and ask some of the members and they'll advise of the pros / cons of ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by Istanman View Post
                  Get onto the bmwmcwa forum and ask some of the members and they'll advise of the pros / cons of ownership.
                  Cheers! Didn't even know their was a forum! Thanks for that- I'll have a browse

Comment

Originally posted by redfern View Post
                    I reckon if you are still at a stage where you Dad lets you look at bikes and sit on them, you arent at a stage where you can handle a motorbike.
                    5char

Comment

Working...
                    X