New toy - Brake fluid tester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toy - Brake fluid tester

Whilst looking for something else that Wurth make, I came across this gadget on a web site. It's got two metal prongs poking out the bottom of it. You dip those prongs into brake fluid, press a little button and it tells you how much water is in the brake fluid.

This is VERY useful. Water and brake fluid are a bad combination. Moisture in brake fluid makes it crap... brakes don't work properly and it's time to flush and replace the fluid. I actually do this with my taxi every three to six months, but will be doing it much more regularly once I figure out how to do it quicker than the couple of hours it currently takes me (ie I'm still trying to figure out the best gadget for that).

I paid $123.00 for this thing at Wurth in Balcatta yesterday (28 Mumford Place, Balcatta, 9240 9500). Of course, once I got home and searched eBay for "brake fluid tester" I found heaps of others on there for as little as $30. Ah well, this one is a quality gadget and I'll probably have it for many years.

For someone who is serious about vehicle maintenance then this is a good gadget to have. The Wurth part number is 071553200. Do a Google search for that number (and Wurth) for more info.

For a bike, you would remove the two screws on the master cylinder cap, check the fluid and put the cap and screws back on. Whole process would take less than 60 seconds.

Link: Wurth Australia Pty Ltd - Catalogue

Shit... Whilst looking for that link I just found a heap of other useful stuff I wanna buy...

One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

...or just get the brake fluid replaced regularly.
    You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

For the easiest brake bleeder for cars get a pressure bleeder like this.

Just connect, pressurise then walk around and open the bleed nipples. Super easy and only take a few minutes per nipple

0380 Magnum XLT Power Bleeder by Motive Products | BrakeBleeders.com
      Wes

Comment

Working...
      X