cbr600rr breather hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbr600rr breather hoses

i cant seem to find any gbox or crankcase breather hoses on the 07 cbr600rr to re route to the airbox for racing.

i havnt got workshop manual either to help me.

can somebody tell me were they are or dont they have any?

cheers.

I think you will find the crankcase already vents into the airbox. You need to put the radiator bottle overflow into the airbox or a catch bottle. You also need to put the tank vent into the airbox. There is also a tube that carries water that collects from around the fuel cap. I would just remove this one.

Comment

Originally posted by nevr2old View Post
      There is also a tube that carries water that collects from around the fuel cap. I would just remove this one.
      That tube is also for spilt petrol...

If you just remove it and have spash go down that part it will just drain on top of the motor/gearbox...probably not a good idea...

Comment

The risk with water in the airbox is a blown engine, which has happened.

If you take care filling a track bike, you shouldn't have an issue with spilled fuel. The race caps are actually reasonably well sealed around the inlet. The issue is more with fluid around the outer circumference of the whole cap assembly.

Comment

Any spilt fuel will more than likely evaporate before the bike is ever started anyway.
          And the tank breather has no mention in the rule book.
          Only crank case breather and radiator overflow...

The crankcase already vents to the airbox, although 'by the book' it is in the incorrect position. It currently sits in the front right corner of the airbox, although it is supposed to vent to the rear of the intake funnels...
          The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by 96 View Post
            Any spilt fuel will more than likely evaporate before the bike is ever started anyway.
            Do you refuel between races?

Is your bike hot when you do?

Comment

The tank breather has no mention in the rule book.

The crank breather is in the airbox, although technically, it is in the incorrect spot. It is located at the front right of the airbox, but is meant to be located behind the air intake funnels...

Comment

Crap, double post.

Yes rich it is... But fuel needs a spark or ignition source to ignite... And I highly doubt that the top of the crankcases will be hot enough even if heat alone will ignite fuel

Comment

sorted thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X