Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alpinestars SP1 - super tight! break in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpinestars SP1 - super tight! break in?

Hey guys,

bought a pair of SP1s online, these are my first leather/gauntlet style glove, i got a large which i originally thought may be too big, i dont have super large hands! These things are SO tight!!! To the point where i am left with red lines across my hands where they are digging in to me. Is this a case of them needing to be broken in or have i genuinely bought the wrong size?

Anyone had these before can shed some light? Otherwise, if anyone wants a brand new pair of large SP1s, hit me up

cheers

Josh

i have marks on my hands after using my SP-1s
    They will stretch with time

Comment

They'll break in mate. I've got SP-2's and it took about 2-3 weeks to fit well.

Comment

They will stretch, get them wet then wear then for a while.
        My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

soak in Dubbin
          Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

thanks guys, much appreciated

Comment

If they are way too tight, they'll stretch a bit but if they're uncomfortable I'd recommend selling them and getting a bigger pair.

I had the same problem and it got to the point I'd rather ride gloveless than not be able to operate the throlle/brake/clutch.

Comment

I've got a pair of xl sp1's might be worth trying on that i don't use anymore after 6 months use. Ended up getting some 3xl ones but now they feel a smidge loose after a couple months. The wrist was the wrong position on 2xl ones so had to get the 3xl.
                When the only tool you have is a hammer, every thing starts to look like a nail

Comment

Hi Josh,
                  I had the 2009 model SP1's before someone wrecked my shit, and now I've gotten the 2011's, which seem to be much tighter than I remeber the old pair to be when I first got them. I too am hoping they will stretch, but it does seem like they've been made a tad smaller than previously.
                  Originally posted by redfern
                  It growls like a horny fat chick, screams like a drunk college floozey on a slingshot at spring break, and handles like mountain goat interbred with a gecko.

Comment

i wouldnt mind giving that a go mate - these seem to be very tight on the wrist also, and im loosing alot of feel/control with the throttle which is slightly perturbing! I'll get back to you

Comment

I have 2xl sp1's and they definitely loosened up in the first 2 or 3 week's. Just try wear them as often as possible and they will fit better sooner!
                      Project: Fix my tard! Now with extra reliability!
                      SupermotoWA on Bookface
                      You should go here and here, and definitely here.

Comment

Uh huh! Yeah my first ones would be the 09 model with carbon on fingers and knuckles. Wrist was okay. New ones must be the 2011's which is why 2xl felt worse than my 09 xl's.

Hey im away for a week so if ya wanna try them send me a pm and we'll work something out.

They're the mainly white with black trim.
                        When the only tool you have is a hammer, every thing starts to look like a nail

Comment

I don't understand glove sizing. I don't have particularly big hands, and I pretty much always have to wear XL-XXL gloves. Most of my other stuff is L. Makes no sense.
                          If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Working...
                          X