Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foot peg rubbers and other questions.

Hi All
    I tried the search but could not find an answer.

I noticed this morning that the rubbers on my foot pegs on my 1999 zx9r should be replaced, Do I need to buy genuine (if available) or can I buy them someplace else?
    Fitting looks to be easy with just a couple of screws underneath the peg.

Tank protectors. Can anyone recommend a place to get one and just how tricky is the fitting. Are they had to line up and get on straight?

Cheers
    Originally posted by out_in_front
    #4: Pillion gets treated like they are made of glass and irreplaceable - I don't want that shit on my hands if I make a mistake doing something silly.

I too am after a tank protector which I have spied on ebay, however I want something to stop the scuff marks appearing on the sides of the tanks where my knees rub, better do it soon as it's a new tank!. So if any one can help us, that would be good?.
    "It moved"

Comment

Peg Rubbers - pretty sure there are only OEM replacements, unless you replace the whole peg with an aftermarket alternative.

Tank protectors (protection from zip on jeans & Jackets) should be available at your local Motorcycle store, either off the wall, or quick order in. Fitting can be easy, or hard, depending on your commonsense & skills. You can also get them off ebay.

Tank Protectors (knee) I'd suggest either going down the route of 3M protective shields. Again these can be got off ebay, or off Perth Graphic Centre, another PSB Sponsor. Alternatively you could look at either the stomp-grip or Tech-Spec products which would protect the tank, but also provide additional grip more motorcycle control through your legs/feet, and reduce the tension in your arms.
      Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Thanks for that.
        Originally posted by out_in_front
        #4: Pillion gets treated like they are made of glass and irreplaceable - I don't want that shit on my hands if I make a mistake doing something silly.

Comment

Bewdy, thanks.
          "It moved"

Comment

Working...
          X