Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon Vs Titanium Exhaust sound question

Originally posted by killswitch54923 View Post
    Anyone actually been pulled because their bike is too loud? Im thinking of a full system for my R6. Now don't get me wrong apart from the barely noticable gain in power i want the noise too!! BUT have you been pulled specifically because it's too loud or just something the piggies have noticed after they pulled you for something else?
    Doubt you'd get into too much trouble for just the can unless it was obnoxiously loud or it was Perth-wide donut shortage.
    Insert witty comment here

Carbon Vs Titanium Exhaust sound question

Toying with a pair of Slip-ons for the new bike.
    Basically have narrowed it down to Yoshi R77's or Akrapovics
    If I end up going carbon ill get the Akra's, the finish on the yoshi is a bit busy for my liking, but if i end up going titanium ill consider the yoshi's since theyre a little shorter and cheaper.

But the main question is...
    Is there a difference in sound between a carbon muffler or titanium ( or even stainless steel for the context of the discussion in general)

I thought they were just an external sleeve over a muffler but looking at Akras parts diagram it looks like its the actual body. If that is the case I imagine a carbon bodied muffler will give a deep crisp note, where titanium will have a bit of a tingle sound in it..
    I know the packing and internal baffles and pipe diameters play a big part in the sound, but the above question lingers.

Also doesn't look like the yoshi r77's have a db killer insert for them. (I know the yoshi trc mufflers do, but decided against that style). Not a huge draw back, probably run with them out most of the time anyway.

Reason id look at titanium now is the bike is black with gray/silverish painted wheels

Thoughts???
    When the only tool you have is a hammer, every thing starts to look like a nail

Comment

Carbon would be alot easier to clean....less polishing...

Comment

Yeah looks aside, was wondering about the sound if there would be a difference between an identical model muffler, one carbon, one titanium?
        Looked on you tube but nothing to compare directly.

So there must be people out there,what ever bike you own, but you've got say the titanium muffler, and youve met someone with same bike and muffler except theirs is carbon, did you notice a difference in sound?

Comment

Carbon ages/fades.

My experience, carbons have usually had a deeper rumble and tinnys have had more of a throatier bark. But that was roo pipes and yoshis. Dunno about akras.

Sent from my GT-P1000T using Tapatalk
          Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed
          So it seems there IS a command file code in windows/microsoft updater that pings small lines of to-fro data.. like a cookie to allow/refresh 'critical updates'
          It also serves as a portal for clever code writers to embed 'dormant till pinged'.....ransomware...I love tech....amidointhisrite..?

Fess up who hacked GSX's account? This post was perfectly readable in every way

Comment

carbon resonates less than metal, absorbs vibrations better. So I'd imagine Ti/steel pipes would making a [good] rattly sort of sound.

Comment

Nothing to do with sound but, I was told by the people i was buying an exhaust off that if the exhaust gets too hot then the carbon fibre will bubble. Thats why I went titanium as they would not sell me the cf one.

Comment

Only on poorly made Carbon.
                Name n Shame?
                Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                . .

Comment

Nothing wrong with either Carbon or Titanium...
                  Probably wont own the bike long enough to see the Carbon ones fade or burn out.

Comment

Originally posted by Humma. View Post
                    Carbon would be alot easier to clean....less polishing...
                    Off topic
                    I haz Ti cans , cleaning is most defanatly not my forte or actully real high on my list of things to do.
                    But my cans do look very average , Polish them. Tell me more please.
                    Can be polished like anything else or is Ti a bit fussy.
                    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                    (anarchy in english )

Comment

I like Carbon metal cans sound Tinny in the long term, I think Carbon sounds deeper IMHO.

MM

Comment

2 stroke deserves Ti though!!
                        Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                        One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                        . .

Comment

Comment

Oh I haz decided now. I Think.. Maybe...

Saw a clip on the tube and appears the r77 yoshi's do have a db killer insert. Sounded okay inserted too.

Prob won't order just yet but im leaning on the carbon Akrapovics.
                            Id also say I'll be keeping this bike a fair while... Don't get to do too many kays so doubt discolouring will be a big issue.

Comment

Obviously nothing will last forever, especially in the Aus sun but if you look after the carbon and use a good UV resistant polish on them, should last well.
                              sigpic Join us on facebook..

Comment

Working...
                              X