X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female looking for strong, smart male

... to look at her bike.

Get your minds outta the gutter!

I have finally found my first bike in my price range and am going to look at it tomorrow. Provided this goes well, I would like a mechanic to have a look (at the bike, not me).

Is there any such person here?

See, I only know where the petrol goes... which may pose as a problem if I decide to take said bike apart....

I am willing to pay for said services...
    Be who you are and say how you feel, because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

whereabout and what time?

also what kind of bike?

Comment

What the fuck is going on with timestamps lately?

Comment

minds in the gutter or wherever.....you have their attention now !!!! good luck there young lady

you certainly have figured out how to attract the attention of a huge majority of the psb population (ie the male part of it that is)
        Life's short, stay close to the things that make you happy!!

Comment

Cmon Chevster, I expected better. You're better than this.
          Ps. Assuming it's a ninja? Good on you for sticking to your dream, too bad it was a brief pleasure communicating with an intelligent chick.
          Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground...

Comment

hand up

Comment

Originally posted by Browneyedgirl View Post
              minds in the gutter or wherever.....you have their attention now !!!! good luck there young lady

you certainly have figured out how to attract the attention of a huge majority of the psb population (ie the male part of it that is)
              bikes can be as sexy as women to look at

there's a wealth of mechanics listed even mobile ones using the search function here on psb

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Bahaha!

I'm very much amused by this...

I don't know how to do the multi-quote thing... which is a major fail, since I've always considered myself a somewhat slight computer nerd... I've lost my touch apparently.

So we're doing it like this:

Nigel, I agree. It took all night for my thread to be seen after posting it.

Chaos, it is indeed a Ninja. Simply can't imagine myself on anything else Can we still be friends?

Fearlez5 and submit, thanks so much! Yay! Haven't booked a time to inspect it thoroughly yet. Looking at it later this arvo, but will let you all know when I get back. It would more than likely be sometime after work this week or on the weekend.

Today is just a test ride and an overall body inspection talk to seller day.

I love this site. You guys are great
                Chevster
                Last edited by Chevster; 15-05-2011, 11:06 AM.
                Be who you are and say how you feel, because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

Comment

a lot can be told about a bike just by riding it, dont just go there and joy ride a vehicle without putting a deposit down. it pisses people off.

when you have your cash together and is ready to have a look at it give us a yell and we might come down if time and location permits.

i know a fair bit about the ninja250 having rebuilt everything on my gpx from the ground they are basically the same bikes

Comment

I'll keep that in mind, thanks! My dad will be test riding it (since I don't have my licence yet). Cash is all sorted and ready to go, just need to find a suitable ride

Are you a mechanic by trade? Sounds like you know a fair bit about bikes anyway...

Comment

no i am an engineer by profession

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel View Post
                        What the fuck is going on with timestamps lately?
                        WTF is going on with alot of things on this site lately . . .

Anyways, u don't have to b a mechanic to figure out if a bike is a good buy or not, general bike experience and a revs check should b enough.
                        SPIRITED
                        Last edited by SPIRITED; 15-05-2011, 11:38 AM. Reason: make it relavent to thread

Comment

Originally posted by Chevster View Post
                          Chaos, it is indeed a Ninja. Simply can't imagine myself on anything else Can we still be friends?
                          Definately get the bike you can love, and ifs thats a Ninja, then great, Ninja it is. What I had issues with is the way you feel you have to perpetuate a societal myth in order to get help.
                          That is: girls must be stupid and helpless and present the image of requiring a man to manage to stagger their way through life.
                          Seriously.
                          95% of the guys I know who would meet this requirement (strong, smart), and know about bikes, would not answer you. Because theyre smart.
                          You also of course manage to alienate every female, every older guy (who may not consider himself as strong as he used to be, but has forgotten more about bikes than we will ever know), and every guy whos not as built as some.
                          For what? Do they have to be able to swing the bike over their head to inspect it?
                          Some the best mechanics I have known weren't that smart, but they worked damn hard at knowing their shit, and were consequently far better mechanics than the lazy geniuses they were working with.

But the worst part of all is- its not true. If you had just asked for help you would most likely have got it. It would have come with respect too. I got help from 3 random people whom I have never met before yesterday at the track, and I was my usual competitive, sarcastic, smart mouth self. Didnt stop me from trying to kick their asses on the track either

Perhaps you were being humorous, or maybe its just me, I just thought you were smarter. My bad.
                          Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground...

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos-incarnate View Post
                            95% of the guys I know who would meet this requirement (strong, smart), and know about bikes, would not answer you. Because theyre smart
                            ouch, i am neither strong or smart but i like to help people out if i can male or female plus it's a lazy sunday with stuff all to do

mind you i thought both chaos and chevster were guys

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos-incarnate View Post
                              Definately get the bike you can love, and ifs thats a Ninja, then great, Ninja it is. What I had issues with is the way you feel you have to perpetuate a societal myth in order to get help.
                              That is: girls must be stupid and helpless and present the image of requiring a man to manage to stagger their way through life.
                              Seriously.
                              95% of the guys I know who would meet this requirement (strong, smart), and know about bikes, would not answer you. Because theyre smart.
                              You also of course manage to alienate every female, every older guy (who may not consider himself as strong as he used to be, but has forgotten more about bikes than we will ever know), and every guy whos not as built as some.
                              For what? Do they have to be able to swing the bike over their head to inspect it?
                              Some the best mechanics I have known weren't that smart, but they worked damn hard at knowing their shit, and were consequently far better mechanics than the lazy geniuses they were working with.

But the worst part of all is- its not true. If you had just asked for help you would most likely have got it. It would have come with respect too. I got help from 3 random people whom I have never met before yesterday at the track, and I was my usual competitive, sarcastic, smart mouth self. Didnt stop me from trying to kick their asses on the track either

Perhaps you were being humorous, or maybe its just me, I just thought you were smarter. My bad.

Take your soap box and bra burning bullshit elsewhere, whatever way she wants to ask is her fucking right, she doesn't need social fucking adjustment from fucking you, your opinion means fuck all to her, it's her life, her choice, her thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X