Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZX9r choke

Hi All
    Has anyone had any experience with my choke, The lever moves OK and I can hear something happening under the tank but it does not work when cold starting the bike. The idles do not change at all and in fact if I pull the lever right down to fully on it will stall the motor.

Cheers
    Originally posted by out_in_front
    #4: Pillion gets treated like they are made of glass and irreplaceable - I don't want that shit on my hands if I make a mistake doing something silly.

maybe pull the tank and airbox off and see what the noise is. I've never heard a noise from under the tank when pulling the choke lever. 10mm socket and extension, for the seat and airbox, hex key and a philips screwdriver and some bent needle nose pliers for the tank tap and you'll find what's happening. choke's a very simple mechanism, i'd say the end has come loose or something. good luck!
    sigpicSome days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.

Comment

Fixed

Looks like I have fixed my choke OK. I checked the free play and there was none, also the adjuster was not even tight. Plus two of the clamps hold the front of the air box tp the tubes were loose.
      Who ever had this apart before did a bad job of it.
      So after adjusting the free play the choke seems to work fine now. I just need to find the sweet spot which will come with more riding

Now the strange thing was with my bike is it had a wired miss, It sounded like a machine gun and only happened twice and I could not make it happen to check things, But when I had the air box off doing the choke I saw something strange in one of the carbys.

Looks like who ever changed the spark plugs last time dropped the cardboard cover off the thread and lost it down a carby. The bike runs a lot better now and is much better to start as well.
      A good days work, very happy.
      Thanks for your help.
      cheers
      #4: Pillion gets treated like they are made of glass and irreplaceable - I don't want that shit on my hands if I make a mistake doing something silly.

Comment

nice one. one time, at band camp, a totally pro bikeshop serviced my 9 and poured so much air-filter oil over my K&N it she ran like a legless pig. once it was rinsed and replaced she was happy again. thank fuck that little piece of cardboard didn't fall through and bend a valve.
        sigpicSome days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.

Comment

test

Comment

Great thread the old story want something done properly.................................

MM

Comment

Working...
            X