Exhaust for Daytona 675

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust for Daytona 675

Hey guys, I just bought a 675 and want to swap out the stock muffler and get a really nice note from the exhaust. I'm looking into a slip-on and was wondering what people think are the best for this bike? I see alot with Arrow or Two Brothers.. What's your thoughts?

Cheers

D&D are nice but two bros are cheaper and sound good also akrapovic are nice too but expensive I hate the one on my berg too loud
    If money no option a little stumpy arrow. but value the 2 bros
    In a Land Rover your car is the crumple zone.

Comment

I've seen one with a yoshi which looked pretty weird given its an english brand bike..

Comment

the arrow are nice going to put a low one on the wifes street i might go the D&D if i keep the sprint
        just comes down to what you want to spend can get good deals at the moment with the strong $$
        In a Land Rover your car is the crumple zone.

Comment

Triumph675.net has an exhaust thread with just about every option you can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by emrys74 View Post
            D&D are nice but two bros are cheaper and sound good also akrapovic are nice too but expensive I hate the one on my berg too loud
            If money no option a little stumpy arrow. but value the 2 bros
            "Sounds good" is all subjective. Personally I hate 2Bros exhausts, poorly made American shit that falls apart in 5 minutes and subscribes to the Harley-esque "louder is better mantra".
            Who has the "R" on here, I really like the look of his cans, very pretty. Not sure how they sound though.
            Zard makes a nice exhaust.

Comment

For what it's worth, I have the 675 Arrow aluminium slip-on with carbon fibre end. Errrr, it may have had the baffle removed. Not very loud at idle, lovely note to it. When it's being opened up, she sounds awesome. Rode dimlights old blue 675 before he had it, with a Yoshi slip-on. Protruded a bit much for my liking, and couldn't keep the heatshield on (not good for temps it reaches), but besides that the can looked nice and sounded rad. At idle it was much louder, but I prefer the slightly more refined note of the Arrow. It's also made for the bike too, so looks better.

I've heard good things about the IIXL pipes, (also Spanish-built I think - Edit here, Arrow may be Italian but thought made is Spain, not certain of this), and a couple of friends in the know reckon they're really well made. Their 3-pipe slip-on sounds fab, but where looks are concerned you either love it or hate it. I think you can get a single pipe for the 675 from IIXL but don't quote me on that.

Devil (not sure where it's made) seem to have a nice note (YouTube it on the 675) but not sure of quality, price or availability.

Still the Arrow for me. I've never had reason to complain about mine, though a distant neighbour may disagree, ooops! No, they're not cheap, but you looks and quality-wise, you get what you pay for. I bloody love mine.

End of the day, none are cheap, so do your research and go for what your heart tells you.
              Last edited by Asswipe; 19-05-2011, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                "Sounds good" is all subjective. Personally I hate 2Bros exhausts, poorly made American shit that falls apart in 5 minutes and subscribes to the Harley-esque "louder is better mantra".
                Who has the "R" on here, I really like the look of his cans, very pretty. Not sure how they sound though.
                Zard makes a nice exhaust.
                Mr bean, never seen that logo before though.

1+ for two bros being crap, very bad rep and personally I think they are the ugliest exhausts out there.

Comment

Competition Werkes is Mr bean's exhaust. I agree with Asswipe that the yoshi stuck out a bit far but they still sounded good to me! Idle was loud enough that its hard to hear someone talking while next to the bike

Comment

Don't forget about the RT1's, not bad, but I prefer the stock and am selling mine.
                    :stupid:

Comment

Wow Xuaxace. Neat pipes (brand?) on the R. And a curious arrangement of rear indicators but a much cleaner look. Is that an aftermarket FE that came with the pipes, or did you find it elsewhere or fabricate the new arrangement yourself? I've always wanted to clean up the messy indicators at the back, but the currently available integrated indicators in the tail-light look shoddy and I've not found any decent alternatives to date.

Comment

The pipes in Xuaxace's picture are Competition Werkes pipes.

Comment

Thanks Seb

Comment

That FE is the competition werkes FE as well and if i remember correctly i think they do an integrated tailight as well

Comment

Originally posted by Seb View Post
                              The pipes in Xuaxace's picture are Competition Werkes pipes.
                              They are indeed Comp Werkes and John at JB Performance Bikes can get hold of them if anyone is interested. IMO they sound as good as they look.
                              The only place I found who sells that particular FE is bikemonkey.com. I didn't even see it on Comp Werkes own site.
                              Here is a good exhaust reference thread for Daytonas... The Exhaust Reference Thread - Triumph675.Net Forums
                              “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

Comment

Working...
                              X