Coloured sprockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coloured sprockets

G'day all. Im in the market for some new chain and sprockets co's the ones i have now are wearing like you would'nt believe. I swear i can feel the chain stretching as i pull away from the lights easily :? I had a talk with one of the guys at McCullocks Suzuki but he doesnt know where (or even if) I can get a coloured rear sprocket. Red or blue would be nice! I think that would look sweet with a gold chain.
    Anyway....if any of you know where I can get my hands on a coloured rear sprocket...let me know! Thanks!
    Damo

See if Alan (MadMax) can see if they can find anything for you mate. He's down at Cauesway Honda. They look after all the guys here so I'm sure he'll be able to help out.

Comment

Thanks buddy!
      Damo

Comment

what about looking into anodizing them the colour you like? i hear a few places round Perth do it... cant see it costing too much either

Comment

I was talking to a guy at the big on bikes show about that and he said you can anodise aluminium but since our bike's sprockets are made of steel: you cant anodise steel. Dunno if this is true but I did see an R1 with a gold rear sprocket at the show...so I know that someone around makes coloured sprockets :?
          Damo

Comment

was that a show bike ?? was it road usable ?? u may find the sprocket was not designed to be used so it was just anodised aluminium
            Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

You can only anodise aluminium,most ali sprockets are anodised either clear or colour as it makes the sprocket less wear prone.
              I would'nt use one on a high hp bike unless you are after less weight, and don't mind changing every 10000 ks , or it's a bit of bling bling that you must have.
              For my money stick to steel.

Comment

Good point about the possible anodised ali sprocket on the R1 . I didnt think of that! Hmmm I'll make a few more calls but its not looking good :?
                Damo

Comment

just get a steel one and powercoat it

Comment

I thought that powdercoat is no good if there is heat involved like your chain generates.
                    The alloy sprockets are used on race bikes i think but as mentioned get worn heaps faster.

Comment

well how bout you try it anyway and let us know for sure

Comment

Hehe, will do
                        Damo

Comment

AFAM make gold coloured ali sprockets, used one on the r1 this year no probs. Should be able to get through any bike dealer, you can also order plain ali sprockets and get them drilled to suit your bike which you could get anodised

Comment

The alloy sprockets are used on race bikes i think but as mentioned get worn heaps faster.
                            Alloy sprockets are hard annodised. I did almost 3000kms this season on my race bike and the sprockets look as good as they did when I fitted them.

Comment

Hmmm, wear and tear is an issue co's I want something that looks good but doesnt have to be replaced every 3 months. I'll keep on the dealer's backs though!
                              Damo

Comment

Working...
                              X