Wd-40 on chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wd-40 on chain

in another forum (trx850.com) people are talking about using WD-40 as a chain lube :shock: . I allways though that WD-40 was a de-greased type product and would kill the chain.

So :?:

yay or nay for using WD-40 as chain lube :?: :?: :?:

personally im not goin anywhere near it?

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I would rekon it's a bit thin for a chain... would come straight off and not really do much...

Your chain tho, so any takers to test it??
    Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

WD40 would totally fuck up your chain in a short amount of time. You would be better off sticking penut butter and jelly on it. I hear that that works really well.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

WD40 would totally fuck up your chain in a short amount of time.  You would be better off sticking penut butter and jelly on it.  I hear that that works really well.
        Or you could always piss on it. Besides, you could get a decent can of chain lube for the same price as WD40

Comment

defenently bullshit to say the least dude,
          ive used heaps of chain lubes and ive found bellray to be the best, any decent bike shop will have it on the shelf, its the one ive found to not fling at all if applied correctly, i had a fresh clean lubed chain on saturday and it was sweet, i got more rubber on my rim than chain lube!!
          maybe you should write back and recomend to use virgin olive oil, because its a virgin it should cling much better

Comment

ive used heaps of chain lubes and ive found bellray to be the best, any decent bike shop will have it
            In fact, head down to Causeway Honda and ask for Chookie/Madmax/Alan and tell him Perth Extreme sent ya.

They have Bellray on the shelves out back.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

WD40 would totally fuck up your chain in a short amount of time.  You would be better off sticking penut butter and jelly on it.  I hear that that works really well.
              that exactly what i thought.

While were on the topic of chain lube, did anyone pickup a can of shell chain lube. The last time i saw it was when firestorm sparyed it down Spike's crack on saturday mornig.

(\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(")

Comment

check spike's ass
                seeing that it was lubed up and all he would not have been able to resist

Comment

Use Kero to CLEAN chain then BelRay

WD40 is okay to clean chain but has to be cleaned off before applying chain lube
                  Will you insure me?!

Comment

I use Maxima chain lube from Causeway yamaha and that stuff is the best so far. It never flicks off. Retails at ~$15 for the big bottle
                    Damo

Comment

i use bellray super clean or that chain wax stuff both are good

although i think the bellray one is better but just slightly
                      Is Dead

Comment

go PJ1. get it from rick gills. excellent shit! says guaranteed not to fling off and it dont (not even if u get it on your fingers....its an absolute PRICK to get off)

if you read the label it contains sperm oil....must be the secret ingredient

Comment

i use sikolene titanium chain gel, pricey but it's the best..the best....and I mean it...
                          really...
                          i swear..

Comment

Anything with the word "Titanium" in it must be good !

Comment

I went down to super crap auto today to pick some stuff up and came across some:

"CRC TAC2 - Adhesive Lubrican "For chains, bearings, sliding parts" "

Motorcycle chains is listed as one of its applications.

Has anyone used this lube before, opinions?

fake edit - I already bought it, so this post is really just asking if I was a dickhead for buying a shitty lube for my bike.

Comment

Working...
                              X