Skimming front discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skimming front discs

Heyz, just wondering if any of you guys know a good shop/mechanic that'll skim motorcycle front discs as mine are a little warped. Discs seem nice and thick so not much wear there, but there just a little warped and its annoying braking at high speed. Bike is a 96' ZX7R

mike

Hi Stinker,

Go and see Kamahl at Causeway honda and don't forget to tell him Perth Street Bikes sent ya.

Comment

Yeah, wot he said!

Comment

i was soooo gonna say that...dammit

Comment

as the guys say go see kamahl at causeway ...i just had mine done there (well sydney).. pressed flat and skimmed ... with new sintered carbon pads on .. they are fantastic ..
          Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

maybe even try a shop that does their brake skimming here in Perth...that way they wont have your bike for 4 weeks....aye Maarken?

disgrace i say :evil:

Comment

i need new pads. i think ...

i think my disks are glased to : (

by the way mike, i know this guy who use to race a 7r and has heaps of bits

pm me if you are looking for somthing..

Mr 7r
              Love
              Nick :twisted:

Comment

thanx for the replies

do the discs need to be removed from the wheel to do it and re-riveted?
                think i'll ring round 2 get em done. my front pads have ~20% left in em so i'll give em another thousand or so and do both at the same time.

nick: thanx mate, aint after anything atm. Go for some EPC HH pads, i ran them in my RGV and they were EXCELLENT compared to other rgv brakes to say the least...

Comment

Re: Skimming front discs

Heyz, just wondering if any of you guys know a good shop/mechanic that'll skim motorcycle front discs as mine are a little warped. Discs seem nice and thick so not much wear there, but there just a little warped and its annoying braking at high speed. Bike is a 96' ZX7R

mike
                  Can't they be straightened?

Comment

think i'll ring round 2 get em done. my front pads have ~20% left in em so i'll give em another thousand or so and do both at the same time.
                    from wat i have been told .. yes and yes .. they will need to be re-riveted if u have them pressed flat ..

Comment

[quote]

quote]

from wat i have been told .. yes and yes .. they will need to be re-riveted if u have them pressed flat ..
                      Talk to Motorcycle Masters. Mick works through them to straighten bent bik bits. I've never heard of pressing a disc flat. Mick straightens them manually which doesn't even require removal from the wheel.

Comment

Talk to Motorcycle Masters. Mick works through them to straighten bent bik bits. I've never heard of pressing a disc flat. Mick straightens them manually which doesn't even require removal from the wheel.
                        probably end up with the same result different approach tho .. who knows ..

Comment

Can they skim bike discs where they do car discs? Or is it a special machine for bike.
                          just wondering coz i can get done for free if thats the case
                          HONDA! F#@ YER!

Comment

Can they skim bike discs where they do car discs? Or is it a special machine for bike.
                            just wondering coz i can get done for free if thats the case
                            I'm not absolutely sure but I've been told no.
                            I'd be surprised if modern sportbike discs ever need skimming. They're so thin that by that time they're probably due for replacement.

Comment

Bike discs are made from a higher grade metal than car discs. ie harder. so would have to be a good machine i spose. as with pressing em flat i think the discs would just 'flex'. i'll talk with the guy from motorcycle masters, delt with him be4 and he knows his shit

Comment

Working...
                              X