Bike Bandit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Bandit

I went to the bike show the other week down in freo and would firstly like to say it was awesome. When I was on the top floor roaming around this guy shoves a pamphlet into my hand and I glanced at it but didn't really look at it until I got home. Then I started reading about this bikebandit product and considering that insurance will be 4000 grand a year for me this looks like a good substitute. I was just wondering what you guys thought about the product itself or if any of you actually have it?

http://www.rojone.com/bandit/bikebandit.html

The main things I would like to point out are
    The BikeBANDITTM module has an internal Black Box Recorder logging speed, position, time and date from 1 to 255 hours.  
    This information can be downloaded to your home PC and then played back on a moving map display.  

I mean this is a good thing but it also could be a bad thing. Can police access the data that is collected. I mean that would be rather annoying. "sir we saw you doing 73 in a 60...ohh looky what we have a here! A bike bandit, let's find out how fast you really were going"

Your thoughts?

i'D GET ONE!

Comment

deej spoke to the guys there ..got all the goss and was looking at a forum discount etc ..

DEEJ where is ya ?
      Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

That sounds pretty good! I HAD my bike insured for $6500 and was costing me $2100 a year so I insured it for the first 6 months and havent renewed it since. I know its not the smartest thing to do but I just cant afford to pay out that amount of money at the moment. Im a student on casual wages that REALLY dont cover everything...unfortunately

BikeBANDIT may just be the answer
        *a shine of light envelopes me*
        Damo

Comment

I wonder how hard it really is to disable the unit as well. I mean they put it under the spare seat. And whoever is attempting to take your bike has six seconds before it sends a message. That's not bad.

Comment

As Hewie said I spoke to the blokes and are negotiating a discount rate for PSB doods. I will keep you advised.

I personally think it is an AWSOME bit of kit. Just great.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

As Hewie said I spoke to the blokes and are negotiating a discount rate for PSB doods.  I will keep you advised.

I personally think it is an AWSOME bit of kit.  Just great.
              Count me in for it mate.

Comment

That sounds pretty good! I HAD my bike insured for $6500 and was costing me $2100 a year so I insured it for the first 6 months and havent renewed it since. I know its not the smartest thing to do but I just cant afford to pay out that amount of money at the moment. Im a student on casual wages that REALLY dont cover everything...unfortunately    

BikeBANDIT may just be the answer  
                *a shine of light envelopes me*
                Does it also have a cash drawer that opens up when you run into back of a BMW ???

Insurance is a rip off ,but the thought of having to pay out a shit load of money and still have a bent bike after an accident doesn't appeal to me, It would be a great gizmo regarding recovery or prevention of theft but you will still need accident cover .....

my 2c worth

Comment

I'm in the same boat as gixxer_dude. I just can't afford what they are asking for insurance. I have my car sitting on 3rd party which is all you need for an fj40... only the other car will get damaged in an accident (evil laugh). So hopefully after a year or two I can get my no claim bonus to 50% and then insurance wont be so bad.

And if you ride careful and respect the situation you're in you should never get in the shit. 80% of bike accidents are the other drivers fault anyway so they will be paying for a brand new ninja not me.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as gixxer_dude. I just can't afford what they are asking for insurance. I have my car sitting on 3rd party which is all you need for an fj40... only the other car will get damaged in an accident (evil laugh). So hopefully after a year or two I can get my no claim bonus to 50% and then insurance wont be so bad.  

And if you ride careful and respect the situation you're in you should never get in the shit. 80% of bike accidents are the other drivers fault anyway so they will be paying for a brand new ninja not me.
                    you dont get a no-cliam bonus for third party inurance

(\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(")

Comment

the plan was suggested to us by our insurance company.

Comment

well ud better check that coz i dont get any no-claim bonus.

(\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(")

Comment

ya don't get the no-claims bonus until you take out a comprehensive policy, then you will get the amount you should have had. my girlfriend did the same thing and thought she had none, but as soon as she got fully comp, she got the full 50% she should have had. Confusing?? :?

Comment

nah that's exactly right and also what I'm doing =)

Comment

gordo hit the nail on the head.....u need accident insurance... i know its a rip off but u do need it ..

wat about the other 20% ??? please dont make the assumption that u will be in the 80% of not at fault claimants..

ummm ok ..please dont take this the wrong way.

at the end of the day someone is goin to pay. if you as a motorcylcist had a accident with my new bmw i would be going out of my way to A) prove u r at fault remove fault of my own C) employ a third party recovery company to take u to court and sue you thru the floor.

i have been involved in a number of accidents ( 8 ) and none of them have been my fault. but i have had to fight to keep that. u only need someone to prove u broke one road law for a insurer to take on the claim as a not as fault then they come after u .. and i can get on with my life.

if ur goin to be on the roads do ur self the favor ... insure urself ..

worst case .. insure ur body and income .... even if u wont insure ur bike.
                              Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Working...
                              X