Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HK brake disks .. Are they up to standard ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HK brake disks .. Are they up to standard ?

Hi all.

Looking at some brake discs for the SV . I happen to come across a full set on flea bay for $250 aud Inc postage . That includes
    -2 front discs with black or gold hubs
    -1 rear disc

Seems cheap ... And hence the question. Has anybody got any experience with these ?
    IF ITS TO LOUD ! YOUR TOO OLD

Search is your friend...

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...rotors-160554/

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ke-disc-95974/

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...y-china-98547/

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-rotors-48732/

My response... not if your life had to depend on them... which brakes often do.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Yes. They're fucking fine, unless you get stuffed ones, in which case they're not but IMO they're pretty good about exchanges.
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

A mate has metal gear rotors. Aussie reseller, reasonably priced too.
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Stop being cheap and buy oem
          "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

I've researched and bought S3 Performance wavey discs.

My reasoning in the end was the discs I were replacing ZXR750 '91 model made in Japan, the replacements would have to be equal quality to the S3's I bought in 2013 given new techniques in Manufacturing etc.

Trust that makes sense.

A lot of research found riders who had used these to Extreme and had no issues.

As the last guy said though, if you get a bad one you get a bad one the chances of this happening in 2013 compared to 1991 is probably higher but delivered to door for around $120 each you can't grumble and I will certainly be keeping an eye on them as you do with any new Non OEM bike gear!!!
            Every Day Above Ground is a Good Day!

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
              Fuck OEM

Brembo Racing 208A98522 T Drive ط320MM Brake Discs Kawasaki ZX 10R ABS 2011 11 | eBay
              Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Cheers guys and girl that deff answers the question .
                thaught thed be ok but on the off chance they wernt thaught I'd ask the question .
                Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
                Bikes having an overhaull and I wanted a set with black or red hubs .
                But during my search I found the discs that are on the bike already .motor master flame discs. $350 a pice
                Witch is great ... But I want that black hub look .

Comment

Yep ... Even brembo know that black hubs are the sex ! I love it !!

Now all I need to do is search the couch for $1600 in change !!

Comment

Braking rotors rock , get them .
                    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                    (anarchy in english )

Comment

+1 for S3 Performance.
                      Cheap. Reasonable. Australian distributor for support/backup.

SV part: Front Brake Disc Suzuki SV1000 S SV 1000 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 03 04 05 06 07

S.
                      Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint View Post
                        +1 for S3 Performance.
                        Cheap. Reasonable. Australian distributor for support/backup.

SV part: Front Brake Disc Suzuki SV1000 S SV 1000 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 03 04 05 06 07

S.
                        Yep this is why I love this forum .. Just scoped these out curtosey of that link .. And yeah exactly what I'm looking for. Right price an Australian distributor!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slipin View Post
                          HK brake disks .. Are they up to standard ?
                          You know you're getting old when you read that and think that he's better off trying to fit a set of Commodore calipers.

Anyone else?

Anyone?

Shit.

One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

brembo, brembo, brembo
                            bevel drive, belt drive, desmoquattro, testastretta, desmosedici....an evolution
                            -> Triumph 675, a revolution and obsession
                            __________________________________________________ _________________________

Comment

Originally posted by quattro750 View Post
                              brembo, brembo, brembo

Yep I here ya ... But the brake discs will be worth more than the bike ..

Comment

Working...
                              X