Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08 r1 track - need new front rotors

Hello All,

I am after some new front rotors for my 2008 R1 track bike that I am yet to ride. First outing will be TRAKDAYZ 2nd November. I do not get back to Australia until 28 October so I only have few days to fit and I need to order now.

The bike is only to be used on the track and I have never had to buy rotors yet for my road 05 R1 or any other bike.

Please let me know people's experience with what brands are available and I will search online and order ASAP.

I have read the SV thread recently posted about ROTORS and I have seen both S3 performance discs and the metal gear ones. I am seriously considering the metal gear once so please let me know if you like these.

S3 is quite cheaper then most brake discs so I am little worried about the quality.

I am also going to Phillip Island, Broadford and Sydney raceway in December so I would like some good stopping power.

are the stock items damaged?

fwiw, all levels of austrlaian racing require oem discs, so, normally (there are bikes that struggle) OEM is more than ok.
    The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

I've got a set of aftermarket ones never used. You couldn't use them if you intended to race, but would be fine if its just for general track use...

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...%24200-164438/
      Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Cheers 96 and the bike was used in AFSX comp so I imagine they are OEM but with brembo pads.

Thanks BlackFZR I will have a think about yours too.

Comment

Working...
        X