ECU flash and dyno for my R1 - done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU flash and dyno for my R1 - done

Hi peeps I recently ordered the flash kit from flash tune for my 09 R1 and handed it to Tokyo Motorsports for flashing and dynoing.

I pick the bike up tomorrow but tbh I'm not too sure what to expect on the dyno chart. Was hoping that a few here may have gone down a similar avenue and wouldn't mind posting up their results or even sharing their knowledge on what I should be expecting.

I'll post up my chart once I have it for others who may be thinking about it but for now it would be nice to have some comparison myself.

Cheers.

what else have you done to the bike, exhaust, cams, velociy stacks, AIS, nitrous?
    Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Oh definitely nitrous

No, already on were Akro slip ons, PCV, BMC filter and -1 front sprocket. PCV will no longer be on.

I'm thinking not that much gain re HP but lower-mid torque should certainly be improved?

Comment

why did yu go the ecu flash over the PC V?
        B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

147 to 152

Comment

Originally posted by Mo-Fo View Post
            I'm thinking not that much gain re HP but lower-mid torque should certainly be improved?
            dont most of those flash maps alter engine braking characteristic as well? im interested on what you think about that, ive always felt mine was snatchy on and off the gas its a bit of a prick of a bike to reliably pick up the gas smoothly mid corner.
            Originally posted by Bendito
            If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

i have flashed a few bikes now and if you select Race ECU then you can reduce engine braking and some other features. On 07-08 R1's you can up the idle, and you can overlay a power commander map over the original which alows you to remove the PC

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Mike View Post
                why did yu go the ecu flash over the PC V?
                PC is just a fuel mapper with the one setting where as with the ecu flash every gear can be mapped differently if you want. Plus the flashing has many other options such as...
                This Interface allows you to easily adjust the following!
                Remove ECU Restrictions
                Engine Braking adjustments
                High Load Fuel Maps (with PC3 and PC5 map importing)
                Low Load (cruising) Fuel Maps
                Fuel Injector Proportioning
                Ignition Timing
                Immobilizer Function
                Cooling Fan Temps
                Rev-Limiter Control
                Remove Top Speed Limiter
                ECU Based Quick-shifting
                Speedometer Calibrations
                and new features are added regularly...
                -

Originally posted by g0zer View Post
                dont most of those flash maps alter engine braking characteristic as well? im interested on what you think about that, ive always felt mine was snatchy on and off the gas its a bit of a prick of a bike to reliably pick up the gas smoothly mid corner.
                Yep they can adjust engine braking too although tbh the engine braking doesn't bother me like it does others so I told them leave it as is. What I have told them to do is smooth out the throttle from off to on in 1st gear as small roundabouts and tight turns are a bit of a bitch.

Originally posted by Arwon View Post
                147 to 152
                Arwon I'd be somewhat disappointed with that so I'm going to say more. But how much I don't know.

Looking forward to tomorrows results for sure.

Comment

Dynos can be configured to read just about anything. Where we get a lot of Dyno work done the figure I stated would be about right.

Dont be too disappointed , it's how it gets the power down that's important.

Comment

A wise man once told me horsepower is over rated until you get the beast tamed as it stands, Arwon , not a bad idea to smooth out the throttle response tho

Comment

Hmmm interesting reading. So what years can u flash and who can do it?

I'm lookin to get a 07-08 R1 and doing just basic mods exhaust baffles, cat elim, filter and a quickshifter. If I can get away without having to spend the extra on a PCV that would b great!!
                      B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Had mine done on the 2012 recently, removed the cat and fitted a quick shifter Still need to get a dyno done.
                        Any recommendation on where to go and the price id be looking at?

cheers

Also looking to get a tuner myself to add maps and make adjustments.
                        Originally posted by Canada
                        Even if I was interested in vagina I'd probably be looking for something a little bit stronger... I don't go for sissies

Comment

The best way to do it is to, fit all your bits, borrow a power commander, flash the ecu, dyna tune , flash the ecu again with the map overlaid then check again. You can wire a quick shifter direct into the ecu, or pay the $500 on a strain gauge HPM unit which is stand alone.

Not hard to do, it just depends on the tuner

- - - Updated - - -

We use Paul at Chain Reaction Motorcycles for dyna work. He always impresses

Comment

What quickshifter sensor is used with the stock ecu?
                            B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Yeah have all the gear fitted,quickshifter is direct to the ecu
                              I'll give the guys at chains a call
                              Cheers for that
                              Originally posted by Canada
                              Even if I was interested in vagina I'd probably be looking for something a little bit stronger... I don't go for sissies

Comment

Working...
                              X