Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPY 5000M alarm decided to just stop working

So I decided to install an alarm on my 08 R6,
    basically, I had everything hooked up except the remote start and two wires that detect when the kill switch is on or off, all other wires connected and everything was working fine - arming and not arming when the bike ignition is on. so. the other day it decided it didnt want to work anymore.
    only thing that works now is the warning flashes from indicators and alarm beeps that warn that the alarm will auto arm in a few seconds. nothing else works now - neither of the remotes and alarm doesnt arm.

Does anyone know whats going on?

is the alarm just fucked?
    the alarm's fuse is still fine

Thanks in advance

It was a couple of years ago that I installed mine, but from memory the grey and blue wires are the two that splice into the kill switch circuit - they're the ones that immobilise the bike. The blue and white wire is the one that goes to the starter relay - that should be the only one that isn't connected. The rest go to the battery and indicators.

So if my memory is correct then you might not have it wired in correctly, but I could be wrong and it could just be the module. I've seen two types - Mine allows a button to be pressed to allow the module to change codes and you then re-code the remotes to the unit. There's another that does not. If you have the one that allows it to switch codes then I'd give that a go.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

thanks for the reply, ah since then I have wired in the ones to the killswitch and only the blue wire for remote start is not connected and still doesnt work. the thing is that it was working fine beforehand. :/
      PM sent

Comment

If you pull the alarm "brain" module plug, does the bike still start?

I'm not sure how the imobilizer was ever working if you never connected the kill-switch wires... Did you cut the kill-switch wire and splice those two wires in?

It may still be a fault with the alarm, which I replied to your PM about how to recode.
        Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
        1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

immobilizer always working since i connected up the alarm and it was completely separate from anything that starts the bike. only thing was power coming from the bike.
          since i have spliced into the killswitch wires, unless the alarm main connector was connected ('brain' module plug), the bike did not start.

Comment

Does anyone know how to reset the alarm? I've misplaced my user manual and cant find a digital copy :/

Comment

Working...
            X