Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible ecu problem?

sooo my bike 2010 hyosung gt250r

week after i bought it.. yep EFI problems.. workshop said a remap would fix it, and it did.. but in doing so i lost my speedo :/, they claim i need a new ecu and it will fix everything up for good but they are fkn expensive..

also over last couple of days, the bike has been hunting on idle at lights, sometimes bit choppy when taking off and even konked out twice at lights.

any ideas? would new ecu fix this?

could i find someone else with a gt250r and try there ecu in my bike just to see?

ECU problem?

sooo my bike 2010 hyosung gt250r

week after i bought it.. yep EFI problems.. workshop said a remap would fix it, and it did.. but in doing so i lost my speedo :/, they claim i need a new ecu and it will fix everything up for good but they are fkn expensive..

also over last couple of days, the bike has been hunting on idle at lights, sometimes bit choppy when taking off and even konked out twice at lights.

any ideas? would new ecu fix this?

could i find someone else with a gt250r and try there ecu in my bike just to see?

Comment

Your best bet is to take it back and get them to fix the problem, then negotiate what you will pay for based on correct vs. incorrect diagnostics, etc.

No one will likely be able to give you a better diagnosis over the internet without having the bike in their hands.

Could it be the ECU? Sure. Could be a great many other things too, all you'll get over the internet for a problem like this is speculation.

You may run into security problems if you try switching ECUs, not sure how the hyo anti-theft works, but it might be worth a shot.
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I know it sounds stupid but check the battery.
        Voltage, termiald, actually. Check all conections.
        If you ask [MENTION=21570]Munkers[/MENTION] real nice he might have a possible lead for you also. Lol
        REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
        (anarchy in english )

Comment

No need to post this in multiple forums, and please don't use retarded choices for font colours. On the default skin, your post is virtually unreadable.

edit:
          threads merged
          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

What efi problems did it have before they had a look at it?
            "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
              No need to post this in multiple forums, and please don't use retarded choices for font colours. On the default skin, your post is virtually unreadable.

edit:
              threads merged
              Thro, firstly I posted in 250 section before realizing there was a mechanical section and then found I could not delete my first post.. MY BAD.

Secondly, I'm not using retarded choices for font colours.. I haven't changed anything, I'm simply using the tapatalk app linked to this forum.. Sorry if that offends you.

I realise all I will get is speculation but that is what I am after, a list of things to check as after going back to the store I have found they are not willing to help and simply claim $1200 for a ecu will fix the problem.

Will have a look at battery. Thanks

Comment

The efi light was just constantly on and the bike would not run smoothly at all, stalled constantly and had to limp it to the mechanics

Comment

Originally posted by vifn View Post
                  Secondly, I'm not using retarded choices for font colours.. I haven't changed anything, I'm simply using the tapatalk app linked to this forum.. Sorry if that offends you.
                  It doesn't "offend me", but if your post is difficult to read, people won't bother.

As a tapatalk user myself, i've never seen any of my posts come out like that.

Comment

This might help

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...roblem-135279/
                    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Thanks halo.

And thro, it looks normal on my end :/ as I said I haven't changed anything. But thanks for the input regardless. I'll try see what's up

Comment

Working...
                      X