Chain & Sprokets. Little advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain & Sprokets. Little advice please

Hi all it's chain and sprockets time but I've never chosen & installed them myself before.

I'm sure I can handle the installation part but I want to make sure I get some decent ones first.

I read that steel was the way to go over aluminium for the rear sprocket. 530 best for what I want it for.

I think I've found what I want on here with the Superlite RS7 steel sprockets (black rear) and the EK530 MVXZ X-ring chain (black/gold)....

530 Superlite RS7 Steel Sprocket and Chain Kit

I've read that DID maybe slightly better? but they don't do a black/gold, just a gold. EK products seem to get some decent reviews though too.

Has anyone here got these type sprokets? or this type chain?

Any input appreciated before I do any ordering.

Cheers.

I only install DID and Driven sprockets haven't had any life issue with ali rear.

There has been issues wuth superlite sprockets motomummy was selling ended up with missing teeth.
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

DEREK just put a new *DID* chain and sprockets on my Baby.

My old chain and sprockets did 44,000 and lasted 5 years..

Cant complain about that
      What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
        I only install DID and Driven sprockets haven't had any life issue with ali rear.

There has been issues wuth superlite sprockets motomummy was selling ended up with missing teeth.
        Missing teeth? You mean less teeth than ordered or actually "missing" teeth?!

Comment

I had driven sprockets and 520 EK chain on my 01 R1 quality seemed pretty good had a nice look and feel to them.
          Where on special thru moto mummy and only cost about $180ish
          B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

DID chain and sprocket ... may sure you can cut your current chain off and have the tool to spread the pin when you put the new one on if that's the style you have on your bike.

Comment

[MENTION=27425]Mr Bean[/MENTION] had a bit of an issue with a Driven rear sprocket at Barbs pretty recently...
              Granted it was on the track, but nevethless it shouldnt be happening and could have caused a pretty nasty accident.

I have heard good things about Renthal sprockets & DID chains. Never had to replace either myself though.

Comment

Thanks chaps. Made up my mind, about to order...

Then I need new front rubber. Fuck this bike likes having money spent on it.

Comment

We stopped using DID because e had a spate of Orings break and fall out of 4 chains.

Now we use RK GXW 520 and EK 520

Very impressed with them.
                  Driven front sprockets and rears. Vortex are ok, AFAM are excellent and Renthal are not to be sneezed at.
                  Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Originally posted by Mo-Fo View Post
                    Missing teeth? You mean less teeth than ordered or actually "missing" teeth?!
                    sheared off cant find the link on motomummy

Originally posted by Arwon View Post
                    We stopped using DID because e had a spate of Orings break and fall out of 4 chains.
                    Was it down to a specific did chain?
                    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Aluminium centre with steel teeth. SupersproxUSA
                      “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                        Aluminium centre with steel teeth. SupersproxUSA
                        I put one of these on the R1
                        Not enough Ks to give any real feed back yet
                        Looks nice though ^_^

My alloy one on the CBR got chewed out after 2 track days , I havent checked aglinment as yet -new tyres fitted and i trusted the tyre shop
                        REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                        (anarchy in english )

Comment

Have driven sprockets on mine. Only put 2k on them so far but they look and feel good. Would recommend.

Comment

The little one goes on the front, the big one on the back..

probably everyone has a tale to tell or has heard of somone having an issue with something. Personally, never had a problem with DID chains in over 20 years, been running a supersprox rear on the track for a year, still looks new, have run renthal aluminuim in the past and highly rate them.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
                              sheared off cant find the link on motomummy

Was it down to a specific did chain?
                              520 ERV2 and 3
                              Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Working...
                              X