wanting to learn basic mechanics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanting to learn basic mechanics

Hey just brought a new bike wanting to learn the basic mechanics to maintain in a good condition was woundering if there is anyone out there that is willing to show me a thing or two if they have some free time ill bring the beers

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...n-ride-166331/

see this thread. :-)

Comment

some TAFE's do course for 6 weeks p/t $350 roughly on basic bike mechanics.... i know kwinana was running one

Comment

Most of the stuff you will be skilled enough to do have videos online / google etc.

Most important things to know are:

Chain Lubrication - you should lube every 2-3 tanks or when the chain looks 'dry'
        Chain Slack - you should have approximately 1 inch of freeplay up/down in the centre of the chain

Everything else should be symptomatic...such as throttle slack, lever adjustment, rearset adjustment, wheel adjustment etc.
        Originally posted by Rich...
        You got me in trouble...

Comment

read the bikes owners manual first from front to back, it should cover all the maintenance you need to do, when to do it and gives a clear step by step description and pics how to do it, and its specific to your bike

then you'll need some basic tools, supplies, if you search on that in psb it''l tell you what you will need for starters
          I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

Ahh cheers for tht i sussed some1 out to run us through every thing

Comment

what you do for a living mate

do you have tools

if you have some mechanical aptitude you can get away with some youtube tutorials

if you have none it makes it a little harder as most people learn by making mistakes

good luck on your new quest for knowledge

Comment

Working...
              X