Quad engine swap???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad engine swap???

My boss has given me his quad, I was meant to pick it up from his mechanics place a few days ago but the mechanic said he wouldnt be home till today. Any way I picked it up to find bits have been stripped and hacked off. Its pissed me off completely considering it was running a few weeks ago.

It is a chinese import and before anyone says dont im going to anyway.

Do I buy another chinese engine to put in?
    Where would I source one?

What other engines would be a good swap taking in mind that I would re-inforce where needed or who would you recommend to help with the fab?

Im hoping to get it running before january so any info would be appreciated
    When riding on the freeway remember the 5 D's
    Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and Dodge

Do you know exactly what sort of Chinese import it is? Some of the suppliers actually have a decent amount of parts availability, and in some cases they are clones and can actually have parts from Japanese motorcycles used in some places.

Comment

Seeing as it's not road legal and no rules need to be followed...go at it...

You can cut and shut pretty much anything you want into it within reason...

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
        You can cut and shut pretty much anything you want into it within reason...
        Why let reason get in the way of a perfectly good idea?

How to build your own Jet Engine
        Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by AliastheJester View Post
          Do you know exactly what sort of Chinese import it is? Some of the suppliers actually have a decent amount of parts availability, and in some cases they are clones and can actually have parts from Japanese motorcycles used in some places.
          Its a mci 250 blazer. So an air cooled single

Im thinking a gs500 engine would be ideal for a swap
          When riding on the freeway remember the 5 D's
          Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and Dodge

Comment

That frame / drivetrain is only made to handle a certain amount of power (being chinese I wouldn't even think it can handle the power it has!)- I would suggest trying to source a similar size jap motor rather than Shoehorn a 500 into it. Other wise you should be considering a thicker rear axle, stronger swingarm and re-enforced frame. Try get a DRZ / XR / TTR 250 etc air cooled engine for it - should be perfect!

Comment

Working...
            X