Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for an oil post... Cheap synth canningsomewhere

Hi

Have tried our search, have tried google with the site: option, couldn't get it.

I have a vague memory of someone posting about a synth oil they were getting from cannington or canningvale or somewhere like that for thirtysomething bucks the four litres.

Anyone? Bueller?
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

jules_1972 would have posted it originally I expect...

Someone else went there recently too and posted it, can't think who though...

- - - Updated - - -

This one...

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ep-sump-44873/

Comment

Thanks Rich
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

thought you were going to swap to diesel oil?

Comment

Did on the krapasake. Look how that ended.

On one of the bajillion oil threads here someone was talking about why bike oil was better for bikes and made some (seemingly, this is the interwebs after all) knowledgeable claims on just how much more effective it might be. I'm kinda going back to paranoid as a result.

Not paranoid enough to be dropping $60+ per oil change on 5100 etc, but if I can find a bike formula synth or semisynth for around $30-$40 it makes it a lot easier to not keep going diesel.

Comment

You would hate to see the oil bill for my SXV...

Comment

The idea of a bearing pick up at 3 times the speed of death keeps me buying the good oil.
              REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
              (anarchy in english )

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
                But you don't have to pay for disposal. It just.... falls out. Dissipates along the route.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
                  Try this stuff - $70 for 5 litres. Bought mine from Malz Cannington.

Penrite Premium 10.

One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Nah, Dildo - that's back to "fuckit: diesel" prices. Plus a container big enough to waste the extra litre.

Comment

I believe this is the post you were looking for.
                      http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ml#post2826778
                      http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ml#post2826800
                      See there is an advantage to not posting very much. Easier to find old threads.

Comment

Not sure if this is any use to anyone. Interesting stuff. Just waiting on an email from the chap. Thought I'd do NGK's as well.

harold-performancelub items - Get great deals on Redline Oil, NGK Iridium Platinum Spark Plugs items on eBay Stores!

Comment

Normally a Mineral (M/C) oil devotee, but now get semi snake oil in 20 litres to always have it on hand miles from anywhere.

Try a Fuchs agent to order in.

Comment

Penrite Gas 10 is used in some bikes.

Penrite 10w-50 gas oil.. - dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums
                            One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

The post I was looking for might have been in GTIL or something like that, it was someone gloating that they were about to visit suburb X to pick up 4l of synthetic for $30..40. Still haven't found it.

Comment

Working...
                              X