Desperate need 2 x crush washers for r1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperate need 2 x crush washers for r1

Hello everyone. Any chance someone has two spare cruch washers for 05 and 08 r1.
    All bike shops are shut a I got sold the wrong size the other day. Now dropped both oils and need to finish oil change.

I'm in swanbourne / cottesloe area if anyone is close.

Obviously don't want them for free.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

What size thread is the sump plug? 14mm?

Comment

Manufacturers say to replace them a lot of people don't and they work just fine.
      In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

If you need to reuse them just use a dab of gasket goo on them...

Comment

Yeah measured it and 14mm is the goer. They gave me 12mm. Bloody annoying.

Was wondering if you can just re use them. Going to Phillip island next week so don't want any little issues.

Comment

Ive got 2
            pn 214-11198-01
            Just order me 2 more when you can
            Send me a PM if still interested

Comment

Supercheap, Repco, etc should have them.
              If not, and push comes to shove, buy a 'B' series
              sparkplug, wind the crush washer off that and use it.
              It works a treat.

Comment

Odin auto parts balcatta. Have all sorts of washers.
                www.facebook.com/jtrautocare - www.jtrautocare.com.au

Comment

People replace crush washers?
                  The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by 96 View Post
                    People replace crush washers?
                    For the sake of the 10-15c yeah, if I remember to buy one with the oil filter...
                    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Can't you drill out the 12mm a couple of mill? I'm presuming you have a drill tho, otherwise no good

Comment

Get a copper washer from Bunnings or hardware store if in dire need, can always anneal it between changes and get long life out of one washer if required.
                        Originally posted by Abuse this
                        Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

+1 for Odin Autos.
                          It really amazes me sometimes the useful things you find treasure hunting in there and the stuff they have in stock sometimes for cars is unbelievable.
                          Voltron-Evo. https://www.facebook.com/?_rdr=p#!/voltronmotorcycles

Comment

Or just... you know... buy a box of 50 of them for 10 bucks or whatever
                            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

What Mekon said!

Older bikes, read 1960 Triumphs etc, used copper head gaskets that needed to be annealed prior to reuse, makes them soft again so the crush actually works in moulding to the constituent parts.

You can also can get them from Hardware stores most of the time.
                              .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

Working...
                              X