Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil filter shock ....

Hey all,
    went down to the local Suzi dealer/stealer for an oil filter for the Gsxr .... $25 :o:o:o I did however ask if you get the sales girl with that ...

Any ideas on where you can buy them local for a reasonable price?
    Tried Supacrap and Repco .. no luck
    Can't find a cross refrence with RYCO or any other the others

thanks in advance

$25 sounds ok to me
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )

Comment

Really ? I have a 4x4 that has massive filter and its $11 ... really $25 ?

Comment

Should've asked for the Hi-Flo filter. Half price of original.

Here come the OEM or die posts..

Comment

For future use, buy a whole heap online. If I can't wait for postage I usually pick up a Hi-Flo from Total Motorcycle Accessories in East Vic Park, roughly $13 from memory (but that's for my ZX6R so it might differ for a gixxer)
          I came here to drink milk and kick arse... And I'm all out of milk

Comment

I buy K&N filters from jakewilson.com but the conversion sucks right now :/
            I love K&N for ease of install/removal/lockwiring from the captive crossdrilled nut on the top. I've also bought them and Hi-Flo's off eBay and haven't had any grenade action yet

Comment

Originally posted by SITH View Post
              Really ? I have a 4x4 that has massive filter and its $11 ... really $25 ?
              trying to get the same filtration into a smaller space without restricting flow might cost more i guess....
              Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

thanks guys for the replies , greatly appreciated !!!
                I find it so funny andything with 2 wheels doubles the price .. The man across the road is a Penrite rep , he said basically it is a license to print money

Comment

A filter for my old xvs250 was $37...
                  The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Comment

the oil filter for my ford falcon was $6 for a Ryco

the oil filter for my japanese import mitsubishi pajero was $74 but the local model triton is $12

there's a few different factors at play
                    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

I got some filters at a decent (16ish) price from bikebiz.com.au , its only a good price if you are ordering a few other things at the same time. The sell K&N and HiFlo. It worked out as a better price than Ebay and I couldn't get them via jakewilson.com for some strange reason (not allowed to sell them to Australia).
                      VTR250 filters used to cost me nearly 30 from Honda.

Comment

Originally posted by shan View Post
                        $25 sounds ok to me
                        $25 sounds okay to me too.
                        Spiral out, keep going...

Comment

Too easy ......

Filters Plus - Baldwin Filters - Oil - Fuel - Air - Hydraulic
                          or
                          Home | Filter Supplies (WA) - Perth, Western Australia
                          both in Welshpool

Comment

Originally posted by ninjaa View Post
                            Should've asked for the Hi-Flo filter. Half price of original.

Here come the OEM or die posts..
                            OEM or die.

Mind you, I am using a $30 Honda filter instead of a $20 Kawasaki filter on my ZX12...
                            (Only because Honda shop is conveniently closer to my house than the Kawasaki shop)

Comment

Originally posted by Sonik View Post
                              I buy K&N filters from jakewilson.com but the conversion sucks right now :/
                              I love K&N for ease of install/removal/lockwiring from the captive crossdrilled nut on the top. I've also bought them and Hi-Flo's off eBay and haven't had any grenade action yet

Not anymore you, won't they have been halted, they can't send them anymore to Oz But then the other filters they sell are just as good and around $5 each cheaper again

Comment

Working...
                              X