Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent brake bleeding set ?

Hi all
    I have a set of new brake lines to fit and would like to know does anyone recommend a good vacuum kit to get or some cash to use yours
    Im a heavy duty mechanic but havnt dealt much with bike brake systems, but i can imagine a vacuum pump will help - btw its to suit a CBR1000 2012

Cheers

Connor
    Last edited by connor88; 14-01-2014, 03:27 AM.
    98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home.

Go buy a $15 bleed kit from autosupermals and take your time to do it right. It is a piece of piss, watch some YouTube vids if you have no idea what you are doing.
    for passing your r-e test see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-thread-57420/
    for passing your R class test see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-thread-97314/
    for passing your intermediate excel training coarse see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...course-163460/

Comment

Half fill a bottle with water, run a plastic tube into it and bleed them.

Pretty simple.

Zip tie the brake lever in over night to create and open system to allow air to rise, flick the brake lines with a screwdriver or such before removing cable tie and there's your fine bleed.
      2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
      2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
      2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
      2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
      2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
      2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

Originally posted by GIXXEN View Post
        Half fill a bottle with water, run a plastic tube into it and bleed them.

Pretty simple.

Zip tie the brake lever in over night to create and open system to allow air to rise, flick the brake lines with a screwdriver or such before removing cable tie and there's your fine bleed.
        i thought when you compress the brake lever it closed the system to atmosphere to operate the hydraulic system

anyway i just use a $2 transfusion syringe

Comment

Why the hell would you use water anywhere near your brake fluid?!
          Half the reason you periodically change brake fluid is to get rid of the water it absorbs. If you're going to use hose and a bottle submerge the end of the hose in brake fluid.

Myself I just use a 50cc syringe. You can either push the fluid from calipers to master cylinder (carefully! You don't want fountains of it gushing everywhere) or suck it from the MC down. If the MC has a bleed nipple suck the air from this first while tapping the lever as it helps build better pressure when bleeding the calipers.

Comment

Speed bleeders from Bad Penny Cycles.
            Speed Bleeder : Bad Penny Customs - Online Store, Your Bike - Your Way
            Why me? I was being overtaken when you had the radar on me!!!

Comment

I take it you have used these? ^^ Curious to hear feedbck if you have used them for an extended period of time and multiple bleeds!

Comment

Pressurized bleeding system. Works brilliantly, quickly, and doesn't require speed bleeders.
                Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

My method of choice.

Oil sample collector from Westrac, costs me very little, might cost you a little more. Call westrac and get a price.

You can pull a vacuum on the bleed nipple then crack it to draw fluid through. the just top up the master cylinder reservior.
                  Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

I just use a big plastic syringe and suck the brake fluid out the caliper bleed nipple. Works great and is cheap.
                    B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

I use big syringe's too........................

sometimes for brake fluid.

Comment

snap on make one, around $120 and you need air.

variable speed suction, jobs done in 10 mins.

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Originally posted by potato View Post
                          variable speed suction, jobs done in 10 mins.
                          Same equipment some women are loaded with ?

Comment

Bought one from Westrac a few months ago - $65. Only downside is piston pump seal weeps when it gets warm, so some fluid will seep but its minor.

Comment

30c of 4mm clear tubing from Bunnings. The correct size spanner and, crack, squeeze, close, release. Repeat until no more air.
                              Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Working...
                              X