"Basic Motorcycle Maintenance" TAFE short course this Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Basic Motorcycle Maintenance" TAFE short course this Feb

Couldn't find any recent posts about motorcycle mechanic courses, but in case anyone is interested the TAFE I study at is putting on a basic motorbike mechanic short course on Tuesday nights from 6pm to 9pm for six weeks in Kwinana.

Cost is $300 and it starts on February 18. Looks like it could be interesting.

Basic Motorcycle Maintenance

Is it only in kwinana? I would like to do this but I am NOR....

Comment

Afraid so.

Totally agree that it's bit of a pain to get to Kwinana at 6pm on a Tuesday, but it doesn't look like there are any alternative courses available (by TAFE or anyone else) in a more central location. Good opportunity for a bike mechanic to start a side business perhaps?

Either way I've signed up for the course with a mate so that's at least 2 people going. Hoping to meet some more PSBers on the night.

ZZ

Comment

I will probably go too- it's only 6 weeks and an excuse to ride the bike lol

Comment

Subscribed for someone I know
          Join RAM Motosport's Facebook page to follow our progress: https://www.facebook.com/pages/RAM-M...5324753?ref=hl

Raj Sarin #180; Bike: ZX6R; Class: SSPT; Titles: AMCC Clubmans Champion #1 (1000+cc) [NZ 2011], Taupo Three Hour Endurance Race #2 (NZ 2011), Paeroa BOTS street race #9 in Kings (NZ 2012). Tracks raced: Pukekohe, Hampton Downs, Manfield, Taupo, Barbagello (PB 60.3 on ZX6R), Collie (PB 47.4090 on ZX6R), Paeroa BOTS
          Sponsors: Motorlegal www.motorlegal.com.au United Oils

Comment

Bump...

Perhaps some NOR folk want to organise a session with this place? I'm keen.

alert motorcycle school :: basic motorcycle maintenance

what do you need?

Your motorcycle! Why not do the training on your own motorcycle? Bring your owner's manual (if you have it) and the toolkit supplied with your motorcycle. We will provide all the other tools and cleaning equipment required.
            where will the training take place?

Classes will be conducted at Alert's premises. You will use the workshop, tools and equipment we use for maintaining our own fleet of motorcycles.
            what will be covered?

:: General care and cleaning of your motorcycle
            :: Pre-ride machine safety check system
            :: Regular maintenance including tyres (pressure, wear etc.), chain adjustment and lubrication, oil and other fluid checks, electrical, brake pads, levers and cable care

what does it cost?

The cost for the course will be $95 per person. It will run for approximately 3 to 4 hours depending on the number of participants.
            when will the course run?

The course will run from time to time as required. We will email everyone when the next course is scheduled. We keep a list of people interested in doing the course. If you or your mates are interested you can contact us to be added to the list or request a course to be run.

Comment

Keen

Comment

Just booked in for the next TAFE Motorcycle Mechanics Course as I missed the first half of my lessons in the last one and really enjoyed the last few.
                http://www.challenger.wa.edu.au/shor...x#.V3sPp3br3IU
                Start date 2.8.16, 18 hours all up, Held weekly from 6pm - 9pm at Kwinana TAFE. $306. You get great tuition and work in a huge workshop with all the right gear. You just bring along your bike, but don't need to as you get to watch and help others work if you don't have one. Also be sure to bring your manual along as every bike is different.
                Thoroughly recommend it for anyone that rides as you learn to keep your bike safely maintained which is a far better way to learn than waiting till something goes wrong with it. You also get to do more advanced stuff if your bike has a problem that needs fixing. I changed chain and sprockets but some were working on their engines. Great to do it yourself with guidance through the whole process.
                See you there.
                Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"

Comment

Originally posted by Wahoo View Post
                  Also be sure to bring your manual along as every bike is different.
                  Sounds good, though I might have to enrol in a Japanese course first... Speaking, good. Reading.... not so good.
                  Ridden: Bicycles, Honda Today 50, 5kW E-Scooter, XT125 Pit Bike, CB125E, CBR125R, Munkers' E-Hyo, VT250 Spada, CB250F Hornet, CBR250RR MC22, Z300, YZF-R3, CB400SF, CB500X, ER6f, YZF-R6, CBR600RR, ZX6R, MT-09, CB1000R Neo, CBR1000RR, S1000RR

Comment

Originally posted by xor View Post
                    Sounds good, though I might have to enrol in a Japanese course first... Speaking, good. Reading.... not so good.
                    No, don't worry about that at all as the manual just gives you the settings for your bike and we can look that up for you.
                    Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"

Comment

Working...
                    X