2012 gsxr1000 not reving past 7k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 gsxr1000 not reving past 7k

I have just put a pcv5 on and auto tuner on my bike, its now not reving past 7000 under load in any gear.... it has a K&N Filter on it and a yoshi slip on with smog bloc off. please help!!!
    BAZINGA!!

permaban in 3, 2,.....

Originally posted by T_B R1
    It's like dating a girl that you know will fuck you over and take your money, yet you still let her take you to bed every night...
    Originally posted by Gordan
    PS. I hope she sucked your dick for a long time after she binned your shit.

Do these have TPS's (Throttle Position Sensors)?

Perhaps a TPS reset is in order?
    Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

Check that you have the connectors to the fuel injectors on the lower set of injectors to start with, common error to put them on the easier but incorrect upper injectors.

Comment

Originally posted by Gippo View Post
        Do these have TPS's (Throttle Position Sensors)?

Perhaps a TPS reset is in order?
        There is, and IIRC there is another connector at the same location that's the same type of connector but different colour so check that's connected right to. I do remember it was a pain in the ass to get at this one too!

Comment

double check the install i did on the injectors earlier, all the right colours on the correct injectors. they have TPS's on them they come with a tps bypass plug and that is in.

I drilled out the standard connector on the exhaust and welded in the auto tuner bung. and routed all the cables.
          BAZINGA!!

permaban in 3, 2,.....

It's like dating a girl that you know will fuck you over and take your money, yet you still let her take you to bed every night...

Comment

[MENTION=8416]shortSteve[/MENTION]? what was the cause of your issue (though I think it still revved a lot higher than 7K)?

Comment

Well, that's all I got, install on my bike had no troubles though I didn't have an auto tune on mine.

You sure it's a TPS bypass though? I remember an O2 sensor bypass?

Comment

it has a O2 Block off but the TPS plugs into a part of the PCV harness
                BAZINGA!!

permaban in 3, 2,.....

Comment

We had this issue with a couple of race bikes. As others have already suggested look closely at the TPS.

Comment

thanks guys i will have a look this arvo fingers crossed
                    BAZINGA!!

permaban in 3, 2,.....

Comment

Well no luck checked it was all plugged in correctly and it is. So now I dont know what to do besides maybe pull it off and burn it.
                      BAZINGA!!

permaban in 3, 2,.....

Comment

Try a TPS reset? I'm not familiar with the system but assume it's similar to systems used elsewhere, where the TPS is basically a variable resistor or potentiometer. If this is the case it is easy to send an incorrect signal which confuses the brains of the system so they go into a default mode which often limits RPM. I'm sure there will be someone on here who knows more about it though & I could be totally wrong.

Check out my 1198s Corse SE in the garage: Desmosedici Ohlins forks, magnesium wheels, Ohlins TTX rear shock, Kyle racing link, alloy subframe, carbon fairing stay, ceramic coated Termi full systen, PCV, lots of carbon & titanium.

Comment

Another idea would be to disconnect the PCV & put the bike back to standard to determine if the fault lies with the PCV or the bike itself.

Edit: are you sure the tacho is working properly & not reading low? When you say it wont rev past 7k is it hitting the rev limiter (spluttering)?
                          Last edited by Sumfun4me; 30-01-2014, 07:45 PM.

Check out my 1198s Corse SE in the garage: Desmosedici Ohlins forks, magnesium wheels, Ohlins TTX rear shock, Kyle racing link, alloy subframe, carbon fairing stay, ceramic coated Termi full systen, PCV, lots of carbon & titanium.

Comment

Versions of the Power Commanders that I've owned have a TPS reset in the Dynojet software, so you could try that.

From memory the race bikes that had that problem were 2009 GSXR1000 and the TPS was slightly out and the reading to the ECU was out of range so it faulted the ECU as [MENTION=11111]Sumfun4me[/MENTION] suggests. When that happened the ECU light on the dash came on. There was also a display on the dash that was supposed to let you check the TPS reading, but that wasn't accurate enough. If you aren't getting an ECU fault light, look elsewhere.

Comment

So I tried reseting the TPS on the bike... nothing... I pulled the power commander off.... NOTHING. I am starting to think it might be the same problem I had with the cat collapsing inside the exhaust and stopping it from revving but I am not sure. its still like it is hitting a limiter or maybe blocking up :S [MENTION=8416]shortSteve[/MENTION] did you experience anything like this?
                              BAZINGA!!

permaban in 3, 2,.....

Comment

Working...
                              X