Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vacuum bleeders from Ebay - anyone use them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum bleeders from Ebay - anyone use them?

As per title, has anyone purchased a vacuum bleeder from Ebay such as this one? Professional Hand Held GUN Vacuum Pump Brake Bleeder Auto Garage CAR Brake Tool | eBay Was it of reasonable quality or junk?
    Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Subcribed. Was thinking of buying too.
    Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

30c for 1 mtr of 4mm clear PVC tubing from Bunnings is all you need. Cut it into 3 equal lengths and you have 3 kits that will last you roughly 5 years.
      Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

For a bike it's just overkill because it's quite easy to reach the lever/pedal and the bleed nipple at the same time.

For a car or trailer it makes a huge difference because you can do it on your own, so long as you remember to keep topping up the reservoir. I got the cheaper one ($30 or so) and it was fine the one time I've used it so far.
        "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Bought something like that a few years ago.

Worked ok the first time, still a bit fiddly though.

Went to use it the second time, a few months later. The seal inside was stuffed and the thing didn't work.
          One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by Phildo View Post
            Worked ok the first time. Went to use it the second time, a few months later. The seal inside was stuffed and the thing didn't work.
            Mine too. I think perhaps you're supposed to rinse it out, which I didn't do. I fixed it with some teflon tape.
            “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

Comment

I've bought one, haven't used it yet, going by what is said above I'll be sucking through a heap of water to clean it out when I'm done. Sounds like the seals aren't up to brake fluid for long periods of time

Comment

I've been using one of these for several years. I use it on the cars and the bike. Cars with ABS usually require you to use a pressure bleeder hence I purchased this simple tool off eBay in the UK for about $40.

It uses one of the tyres as the pressure source. The kit comes with different size master cylinder caps that will fit most cars. With the bike I got hold of an old cap from a wrecker and that's now been added to my kit. You have to drill a 10mm hole to accept the fitting.

I've had no issues with the quality of rubber washers or seals.

Sealey

In fact I made a video of me using it on my big shots car for the fellas on the Benz forum.

Last edited by Scott52; 30-01-2014, 04:13 PM. Reason: Added link to Video
                I'll be riding for you #52, my dear son, Cameron Taylor Elliott 1985-2009
                2008 CBR600RR and 2010 GSXR750 Track Bikes, KTM530EXC Enduro bike wrist breaker

Comment

Check out the how to section, there's a thread to make your own.
                  Honda Blackbird, The gentleman's weapon of choice
                  Barbeque sauce is the devils bum gravy

Comment

Had to bleed the clutch line on the troopy yesterday, dragged this thing out of its case and hooked it up. The one I got cost all of thirty bucks and the pump puts a vacuum in the collection pot, ie fluid doesn't go anywhere near the pump.

It worked like a bloody charm - there was no way I could have done this on my own without something like this and seriarsely, for thirty bucks it's not worth fucking around trying to DIY.

:edit: just checked your link. Exactly the one I got, just mine was a bit cheaper.
                    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Working...
                    X