Bandit idling problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandit idling problem

My 1250SA has developed an intermittent idling problem on startup. Most times she starts ok revving up to just below 2000 and then settles at around 1200 and rides ok. Occasionally and more often now on startup hot or cold she'll start up and only idle at around 1000 or just below, doesn't stall but a bit rough. If I then turn off the ignition and restart she seems ok and goes back to a 1200 idle.
    If I continue to ride without a restart the idle eventually corrects itself but she pops and crackles whereas it doesn't do that with a normal start. Asked the workshop to look at the problem, he balanced the cylinders but couldn't do much more, suspects the secondary throttle valve but I believe is quite a bit of work.
    So sounds like an electrical problem because it can be fixed with a restart but could it also be a fuelling issue with the popping? Throttle position sensor has been checked is ok.

Ideas/solutions will be appreciated, thanks.

Age of bike and kilometres?

Could just need a good fuel system clean and set up...

But intermittent TPS fault is possible...

Sometimes you just have to keep riding the bike and letting the problem develop a bit more to help you isolate it...

Comment

The idle on GSX1400 also gets a bit fluffy when the TPS is out. I'm guessing the Bandit has a similar FI setup and could be the culprit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
        Age of bike and kilometres?

Could just need a good fuel system clean and set up...

Sometimes you just have to keep riding the bike and letting the problem develop a bit more to help you isolate it...
        2010 model done 42,000 kms.

Comment

Fuel filter...Suckzukis have a bit of a rep for the internal pump filter...I dont supose the Bandit pump will differ much from a Busa one. There is a fix which replaces the internal pump filter altogether. If you pull it out...the filter that is...post a pic and Ill check it against the Busa one...or look them up on the micro fische sites
          Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Working...
          X