1942 WLA gearbox repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1942 WLA gearbox repair

Removed the gearbox from sons old Harley yesterday,looks like selector gone on 2nd. Any leads on someone who can repair same,or supply spares?

Will try and remember to ask our mate he has restored his WLA

Last edited by Stoneville; 03-02-2014, 08:02 AM.

Comment

thanks sandra,usual leads couldn't help.

Comment

Vintage and Modern in Maddington
        Address: 2/34 Davison St, Maddington WA 6109
        Phone:(08) 9459 8981

Or see Stuart Fife at American Restoration
        Address: 3/7 Cusack Rd, Malaga WA 6090
        Phone:(08) 9248 4737

If its not a concourse bike and doesn't need to stay original I'd advise to replace it with something else completely. A lot of guys swap out the box for a 4 speed from pre-unit Triumphs

Comment

There are some clever fellows about in Perth, just about anything can be repaired and even improved - for a price. Can you post a picture of what's broken? I'd bet an engineering firm such as Embleton Engineering in Myaree would be able to render it servicable again.
          Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
          1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Apparently this thread is worth a gander.
            S&S Cycle - Vintage Motorcycle TECH TALK • View topic - WLA Trans In Progress

Comment

More links for you.
              45 Restoration Company - 45 Restoration Company

Do you have a manual/part number for the selector fork?

- - - Updated - - -

Is this what you need?

http://www.45restoration.com/Products/Shifter-Clutch---2nd-and-high--1941-73__35445-41.aspx

Comment

I visited this place while I was in California. Real old school but I suppose there's a million of them in America. Most of his parts were covered in dust but he looked like he had a lot of stuff. Hes a Vet and his Vietnamese (I think) partner does haircuts for $7. I wanted to go to the dodgy bar next door but my brother was too chicken because we were on Ducatis.

Orange County - American Rider Motocycle Supply, Huntington Beach, CA. Specializing in Old Harley's and Bourget Motorcycle Service Center.
                -

Comment

.. could also give HD Wreck in Maddington a call, if they can't help they'll prob know who can.
                  .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

Working...
                  X