Tuning a bike to a new exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning a bike to a new exhaust

Ok so a friend had a little oopsie with the road, we are putting her bike back together and have put one of these beaut little exhaust on for her

Motorcycle Sport Bike Shorty Exhausts | Coffman's Exhaust

this can has a really nice low rumbling note added benefit was the price!

So now of course we need to get it dynoed, I know there is Russell at Dyno Time Wnagara (we have used him before) and Corse Motorcycles (Ducati's has a dyno as well), is there anywhere else a bit closer i.e. east of Perth or sort of Central. I remember there being one out near Kelvin and Bickeley Rd's that MAD had a dyno shoot out at years ago.

I have tried searching every bloody combination, but could only find the recent GSX-R600 request for more power (stupid bloody search is borked since the server moved to Oz!!)

Chain Reaction Motorcycles on Orong road Kewdale

Paul Freear is excellent and did the last PSB dyno day.

He does all the VRT work on Dyno and a lot of the other racers and riders.

1/382-404 Orrong Rd, Welshpool WA 6106
    (08) 9258 5600
    Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

^^^

What Arwon said
      Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

I had mine dyno tuned by Paul at Chain reaction a few weeks ago.

I could not recommend him highly enough. Great guy and was happy to explain the process to me and actually show me what he was doing and why, despite it taking him more time.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin1 View Post
          I had mine dyno tuned by Paul at Chain reaction a few weeks ago.

I could not recommend him highly enough. Great guy and was happy to explain the process to me and actually show me what he was doing and why, despite it taking him more time.
          What was the price?

Comment

Originally posted by HAGG!S View Post
            What was the price?
            very reasonable, considering he did 23 runs and spent most of the day tuning the bike. I am sure it depends on the bike, but anywhere between $350 - $400 depending on how easy it is to remove fairings & get to sensors/wires/etc.

best advice is to give him a ring and ask him. then he can tailor a quote to suit your needs.

Comment

I use a Woolich Racing LogBox on my B-King, with an Innovate LC-2 Wideband feeding the analog input to the stock ECU.

This allows use of autotune function to use logged data to alter the fuelling maps and iteratively get them closer to a target AFR table you set.

It is a bit of work to install and setup though, and unless you are the tinkering type you may be put off the amount of learning required. Upside is you can retune whenever you want, and in combination with the older ECUEditor software, can run boost fuelling for forced induction, nitrous, quickshifter etc.

Comment

Any dyno places open on a Saturday. Any place I've called doesn't run on a sat..

Comment

Originally posted by collie View Post
                  Any dyno places open on a Saturday. Any place I've called doesn't run on a sat..
                  i don't know of any here.
                  Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

try Motorcycle Dyno Services in Jandakot. I know he is open most Saturdays not sure whether he runs the dyno then though.

I've had a two bikes done through them with great results.

Comment

Working...
                    X