Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short / adjustable / foldable brake levers

gday lads,
    has anybody had any experience buying ebay levers?
    I was speaking to a guy on the sunday cruise who was using them on his R6 and said they were ok. Didnt catch his name tho...

would love to buy some ASV levers if the price wasnt so extreme and outta my price range. Just want some that look sorta similar and work well.

saw these, recommendations? pros/cons?

Short Brake Clutch Levers Yamaha YZF R6 2005 2013 R1 04 08 R6S EU CA Version BLK | eBay

cheers lads!

mm I purchased a set from them for a bike we are fixing up, ordered on the 11th of Jan and we still don't have them, he keeps saying can I wait just one more day! what for?

Shouldn't take 2-3 weeks from China oh wait duh I forgot about the slow boat

Tomorrow is the 4th week, not happy Jan!!

Comment

they look almost identicle to the ones on my gixxer, they have been fine
      "Insert signature here"

Comment

No problems at all, $30 or so for a pair on my last three bikes and (touch wood) on the first two they outlasted the bikes.

I like the shorties. Sure, you don't have the braking power of a full grip. But they make up for it. Remember when you learnt to ride you had your hand on the throttle tube most of the time (unless you were slowing for lights etc) but occasionally when your spidey senses started tingling you learnt to "cover your brakes", ie move your fingers over the brake lever ready to react fast if required?

Commuting traffic these days I prefer to permanently cover my brakes because those poor old spidey senses are always tingling, we're permanently on DEFCON 2 in traffic now. It's nice with the shorties because I'm not permanently holding the throttle just with the webbing of my thumb, I can use my pinky and ring finger to throttle and leave index and middle permanently rested on the lever ready to go if required.
        "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Awesome, ill give them a try and see how they go!!
          cheers for the feedback

Comment

Yeah I had a set of std length gold Pazzo knock offs on my BB and apart from the gold fading they worked great until my recent crash and I fucked the clutch lever
            #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
            Originally posted by Phildo
            Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
            Originally posted by filbert
            i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
            Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

No Name, NO QUALITY CONTROL.

Pazzo, CRG and ASV and Brembo are the only ones i would use.

I have seen all kinds of issues with cheap shit. like brakes holding on to too much free play.

If you can't afford quality, use standard
              Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Mr Moneybags McGrumpy has half a point: if you're going to buy any cheap knockoff Chinese gear (levers, rotors, whatever) then you need to adopt a certain mindset: it's a gamble. Most of the time whatever arrives will either arrive in great nick or it will turn up and not fit, not work or just be obvious shit. So be prepared to take the hit and know that if you're doing this a fair bit you're still ahead overall.

I needed to drill and mill my shorties to fit the new busa, they didnae want to play. I have access to those tools so no biggie, if not I would have either tried to return them or sucked it up and said "$30 vs $130, it was worth a try".
                "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Well its not like they are important. Like they don't have to stop you or anything like that.
                  Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

I've never had a problem with the metallurgy, only with fitment. So whack 'em on, try them out just pushing around the driveway, then take them for a careful ride with your originals and changeover tools in your backpack.

If you can do a 20km ride in town (ie plenty of slowing, stopping etc) without any dramas you'll be fine.

Comment

$400 for a set of new ASV's.

Save up grasshopper.

Comment

Or buy 10 sets of chinese cheapies and STILL BE AHEAD.

Comment

Yeah, you could do that.

I guess my bike is the one thing I have that I like to spend money on for good quality products.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                            Mr Moneybags McGrumpy has half a point: if you're going to buy any cheap knockoff Chinese gear (levers, rotors, whatever) then you need to adopt a certain mindset: it's a gamble. Most of the time whatever arrives will either arrive in great nick or it will turn up and not fit, not work or just be obvious shit. So be prepared to take the hit and know that if you're doing this a fair bit you're still ahead overall.

I needed to drill and mill my shorties to fit the new busa, they didnae want to play. I have access to those tools so no biggie, if not I would have either tried to return them or sucked it up and said "$30 vs $130, it was worth a try".
                            Yeah a fair point, for such a low price it's worth a try, I was hesitant in buying my levers but searched on a lot of different forums for peoples experiences with them and brands etc before making the call The main thing was the shape and design of the Pazzo's are a lot different to std levers so couldn't really afford $350+ to "give them a try" only to find I hated them

I've never had a problem with the metallurgy, only with fitment. So whack 'em on, try them out just pushing around the driveway, then take them for a careful ride with your originals and changeover tools in your backpack.

If you can do a 20km ride in town (ie plenty of slowing, stopping etc) without any dramas you'll be fine.
                            Exactly what I did after doing my research on various forums to find out about quality and the only issue with mine was the gold fading which I wasn't fussed about anyway as they looked a bit gawdy when new anyway

Or buy 10 sets of chinese cheapies and STILL BE AHEAD.
                            +1 That's what I figured, it was worth ~$60 to give them a try and even if they don't last as long I can get multiple sets

Originally posted by Rat750 View Post
                            Yeah, you could do that.

I guess my bike is the one thing I have that I like to spend money on for good quality products.
                            I used to think that way when in the building trade, I only bought stuff like Bosch, Makita, AEG, Metabo because I was using it every day and wanted it to last but then I saw some people using the cheap Chinese stuff and saw it was copied off the others anyway and still lasted more than a few days so figured if it was something I was only using once in a blue moon or for one job why pay through the nose :o I would still only buy the top of the range gear for serious full time hard work but for small infrequent stuff the China stuff is OK
                            Surprisingly now that all the Chinese gear is everywhere the good gear has dropped considerably in price Either they are now selling at a loss or were killing the pig before :o

ie I bought one of these Makita Slide Compound Mitre saws back over 15 years ago and it cost me ~$1300, similar saw now is ~$400 :o
                            Also just because it has a "brand name" doesn't mean it isn't made in the same factory in China The original Goodyear Fortera tyres on our Territory Turbo were Aussie Goodyears, when we replaced the original ones at ~65000km's they were made in China and for all intensive purposes have performed the same and lasted almost as long
                            #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                            Originally posted by Phildo
                            Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                            Originally posted by filbert
                            i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                            Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Para045 View Post
                              ... even if they don't last as long I can get multiple sets
                              Not the best idea if you're talking about a brake lever though :-/

Might be worth getting something in between?
                              I got some short PP racing ones for about $180.

Comment

Working...
                              X