Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wire spokes pollished or replaced where in perth ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire spokes pollished or replaced where in perth ??

I looking at a Ducati SC1000 but the bike has a few rusty issues, all the wire spokes are fairly well corroded plus a couple of other bits that I would just replace if I buy it.
    Any way does any one know of a place that either will polish up the existing spokes or just replace the whole lot.
    Im not too keen to do it myself as it looks like a pain in the arse and would involve taking out each spoke and either polishing and replacing it. If I do it wrong I could potentially fuck up the wheel.
    If I have aplace and a price I could use it to bargain the guy down a bit as I think he has a decent price for a bike in good nik but this one has some issues that need sorting thus I would be offering him a fair chunk less.
    sigpic

Spoked Wheel Services have been recommended by a lot of guys. You're looking at $300 for a wheel rebuild including new stainless spokes
    Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
    Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

If this is the mob in the same run of units where Kerry (K&D Chrome) operates... highly recommended.

S.
      Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Wire spokes pollished or replaced where in perth ??

I don't think you could polish them, if they're rusty they're most likely plated. Better off switching over to stainless.
        In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Spoked wheel services moved from Kenwick years ago to midvale, but late last year relocated to embleton somewhere. He does a great job!

Comment

Thanks guys I would be more enclined to replace with stainless steel, as I dont think the Ducati spokes are much chop
            sigpic

Comment

For sure go stainless, I had my Akronts re laced with stainless recently, beautiful results!

Comment

Just rang $350 per wheel for stainless sounds good to me I have to go to work tomorrow so Ill see if the bikes still around in 2 weeks and go in armed with some numbers to beat him down
                sigpic

Comment

Spokes Needed

I have a Yammy Sr250 I am about to (try) do a number on. I need info on the following, so if anyone has done one of these, i'd appreciate a lessons learned/what to do/what not to do bit of knowledge.
                  Also, does anyone know of a local source for stainless spokes - I think $350 per wheel is preposterous, so will do it myself.
                  Cheers
                  Last edited by Alis; 23-03-2019, 03:32 AM.

Comment

It’s the time factor.
                    Anyone can slap the spokes in, the art is in trueing them.
                    Still easier than bicycle wheels.
                    Fuck them.

Comment

I used spoke wheel services... top job done... on time and $350 a wheel is nothing....wheel wrights are thin on the ground pay the man his due! or buy shit from China
                      Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Working...
                      X