my new baby 04' Hornet 900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new baby 04' Hornet 900

hey people, thanks for letting me join ur club. i am the proud new owner of a black hornet 900 2004. its a commuter mostly. and its awesome. funny thing is it has massive acceleration in 1st and 2nd....then the next 4 gears seem to just take only 500rpm off the dial each.....ive ony had it for an hour, but it seems it almost needs 1st, 2nd and 6th...and preferably an even taller one!

anyway its already annoying me with the loud pipes. does anyone know where i find quieter pipes ( i must be getting old!). it currently has two silver unbranded pipes.

cheers
    jason

may want to do a tooth count on front n rear sprockets, to see if stock spec.
    the mufflers could just need repacking....
    faster ya go closer to nirvana

Comment

after 2nd gear how fast are you going

welcome along!

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Originally posted by Biffer View Post
        may want to do a tooth count on front n rear sprockets, to see if stock spec.
        the mufflers could just need repacking....
        ^This

Comment

The chain drive is a 530 chain with stock gearing of 16 tooth front and 43 tooth rear sprockets.
          From here: Honda CB900F - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

First time Iv ever heard some one ask about quieter pipes LOL
            sigpic

Comment

haha, in a flash of blurred vision i think i was doing 60 when i hit 2nd, then 80kph in 2nd at 5000rpm (any faster than that would have been in demerit points territory)

- - - Updated - - -

ok after my first peak hour drive, mufflers can stay - in the traffic i didnt even notice the noise. in fact i wanted it louder. plus its worse when the visor is down, and i prefer to ride with the visor up when poss

Comment

just drove home on the freeway. i LOVE this bike! i think i am becoming a .....sensible hoon.

Comment

Working...
                X