1098 with dual sided swingarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1098 with dual sided swingarm

Today, in Cairns, I saw a Ducati 1098 with what looked like a R1 swing arm. Or am I missing something and there's a model with a dual sided swing arm? If not, why would you?

Sure it wasn't a 899 Panigale?
    Spiral out, keep going...

Comment

Hmm, maybe. Hadn't thought of that. I saw a "Corse" logo and thought I saw a 1098 as well but looking at the 899, it probably was. Never looked at the 'lesser' Panigale and the fact it was dual sided.

OK, so mystery solved. But why is the 899 dual sided? Surely, purely on costs, the same swing arm from the 1199 would have been the choice?

Comment

Originally posted by D'Artagnan View Post
        Hmm, maybe. Hadn't thought of that. I saw a "Corse" logo and thought I saw a 1098 as well but looking at the 899, it probably was. Never looked at the 'lesser' Panigale and the fact it was dual sided.

OK, so mystery solved. But why is the 899 dual sided? Surely, purely on costs, the same swing arm from the 1199 would have been the choice?
        It features A double-sided swingarm as it's cheaper than the single-sided version on the 1199 to help keep the 899's costs under control but the bonus is it's lighter than that of the 1199.

7 things you didn't know about Ducati's 899 Panigale - Features - Visordown

Comment

A dual sided swing arm gives a Ducati rider the option of resting his head to cry on either side of his bike when it breaks down yet again.
          Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
            A dual sided swing arm gives a Ducati rider the option of resting his head to cry on either side of his bike when it breaks down yet again.
            Ha Ha!

it be the thought of "the" invoice to get it up n running again.

Comment

Originally posted by jules_1972 View Post
              Ha Ha!

it be the thought of "the" invoice to get it up n running again.
              isn't that why most Ducati riders wear race leathers?

i find it's easier to assume the position, you know the one? where it's similar to a racing crouch but also halfway between the fetal position assumed while being beaten by a mugger for your wallet or having your most private passages violated from behind without lube.
              Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                isn't that why most Ducati riders wear race leathers?

i find it's easier to assume the position, you know the one? where it's similar to a racing crouch but also halfway between the fetal position assumed while being beaten by a mugger for your wallet or having your most private passages violated from behind without lube.

ROFL!!

so true indeed.

Lesson learnt by me, just a pity others dont heed the warnings.

Comment

ROFL!!

so true indeed.

Lesson learnt by me, just a pity others dont heed the warnings.
                  If it's the 998 your talking about Jules, surely the money spent on that was self inflicted and no fault of the manufacturer?

Comment

Originally posted by duc13 View Post
                    If it's the 998 your talking about Jules, surely the money spent on that was self inflicted and no fault of the manufacturer?
                    No denying the money was spent by myself, my trust upon others was my downfall.

manufacturer hasnt/wasnt mentioned.

Comment

No denying the money was spent by myself, my trust upon others was my downfall.

manufacturer hasnt/wasnt mentioned.
                      Ok jules, read this "Lesson learnt by me, just a pity others dont heed the warnings." as meaning manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
                        So, how much money did you piss up the wall with that "limited stickers" MV, exactly?

Comment

Working...
                        X