Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do to your bike today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What did you do to your bike today

    Well, I am stealing this thread title from Wristtwisters but it's a good one!

    Cleaned and lubed (Sillolene) the chain replaced a missing exhaust bracket bolt,
    that had fallen off and de-greased around the counter sprocket and swing arm.

    No smart arsed comments about my chicken strips.....pussy and proud


    "Love a ranga today"

    "How long, not long, because because what you reap is what you sow"

  • #2
    Originally posted by Maloney67 View Post
    Well, I am stealing this thread title from Wristtwisters but it's a good one!


    Put new plastics on my SXV today courtesy of [MENTION=5421]Phildo[/MENTION] . Looks so much better with plastics that aren't faded and shitty.
    Rest in Peace

    #294

    Comment


    • #3
      Is that your SXV Ryan? Shit son, looks a million times better. Good job.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post


        Put new plastics on my SXV today courtesy of Phildo . Looks so much better with plastics that aren't faded and shitty.
        Noice!
        "Love a ranga today"

        "How long, not long, because because what you reap is what you sow"

        Comment


        • #5
          What about that bunky indicator?
          Rest in Peace
          Brother Ryad

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post


            Put new plastics on my SXV today courtesy of Phildo . Looks so much better with plastics that aren't faded and shitty.
            Looking better all the time...

            As for what I did to my bike today...

            I assembled the gearbox and crank and bolted the crankcase halves together...

            If I get a chance I'll strip and port the heads tonight...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mansonitefirefox View Post
              Is that your SXV Ryan? Shit son, looks a million times better. Good job.
              Glad someone thinks so, haha. I'm not 100% happy with it so the wheels are getting cleaned and the plastic is getting some Plasguard to hide the flaws

              Originally posted by DQ View Post
              What about that bunky indicator?
              It's like my trademark Irwan, how will people know it's me if one of the indicators isn't fucked ?

              Originally posted by Rich... View Post
              Looking better all the time...

              As for what I did to my bike today...

              I assembled the gearbox and crank and bolted the crankcase halves together...

              If I get a chance I'll strip and port the heads tonight...
              At least you've got enough to do, I was thinking about deliberately breaking something on my bike so you had something extra to play around with..
              Rest in Peace

              #294

              Comment


              • #8
                really loving the black plastics on your sxv ryan.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Oil and filter change with Motul 7100, removed front sprocket cover and rear hugger, deep chain and sprockets clean and Maxima chain wax applied.

                  Originally posted by boeman
                  Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

                  I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
                  Originally posted by Chuck Steak
                  Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by frenchie View Post
                    Oil and filter change with Motul 7100, removed front sprocket cover and rear hugger, deep chain and sprockets clean and Maxima chain wax applied.


                    Nice bike frenchie. What do you use to clean the chain and sprockets , Kero?
                    "Love a ranga today"

                    "How long, not long, because because what you reap is what you sow"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Maloney67 View Post
                      Nice bike frenchie. What do you use to clean the chain and sprockets , Kero?
                      Generally just Kerosine for my routine chain maintenance which doesn't involve the front sprocket usually. Gotta make sure it's all off and dry before lubing tho.

                      I used degreaser around the frront sprocket and inside the cover but bugger all had built up in there. I cleaned it once before when I changed the front sprocket at around 16,000 k and there was heaps of shit in there (bought at ~11000 second hand) like greasy blobs of black dirt and crap, but I am quote religious to the point of OCD about chain maintenance so this time (~27000 k) there was practically no build up at all.
                      Originally posted by boeman
                      Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

                      I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
                      Originally posted by Chuck Steak
                      Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Finished bolting the motor together just need to fit throttle bodies then put it in the frame...

                        One fork stripped and being rebuilt...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Rich... View Post
                          Finished bolting the motor together just need to fit throttle bodies then put it in the frame...

                          One fork stripped and being rebuilt...
                          When are you taking her for her maiden voyage ?
                          Rest in Peace

                          #294

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
                            When are you taking her for her maiden voyage ?
                            Sounds like it would have to be ridden on the back wheel
                            What's the bike, photo's please or thread link?
                            "Love a ranga today"

                            "How long, not long, because because what you reap is what you sow"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Maloney67 View Post
                              Sounds like it would have to be ridden on the back wheel
                              What's the bike, photo's please or thread link?


                              Not the exact bike pictured, but it's an Aprilia RXV. Rich will give you more information as I've only seen it in pieces
                              Rest in Peace

                              #294

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X