Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph Bonneville TuneECU Cable

Hi,

Does anyone know where I might be able to get hold of a TuneECU Cable for a Triumph Bonneville with the FTDI chipset in Australia? It seems they are only available from the UK or US with expensive shipping.

Cheers,

Do you need the vag/com cable? thats what my 2012 street triple R used for tuneECU.. they're cheap as chips on ebay and available locally

Comment

That's the same connector but I think the chipset won't work. From what I have researched it has to be FTDI...like this one I've just discovered...

http://lonelec.co.uk/index.php?route...&product_id=52

...and the international shipping cost isn't too bad so I might take the plunge if I don't fine any in Oz. A bit nervous about getting one off ebay also because I've read some horror stories of people's ECUs being rendered unrecoverable.

Comment

hmm fair enough. Mine was an ebay cheapie but maybe the newer ECUs are more finicky?

Comment

Or the older ones are...mine is 2008 but info is scarce about what it needed. Anyhow thanks for the link.

Comment

I didn't add that link - guess it's some automated thing ? don't take that as a recommendation from me! lol

Comment

I got mine from Lonelec with no regrets, I believe it's the same cable for all Trump's and works fine with TuneECU.
              You are welcome to borrow it if you want to try it out first. It has been used by a few PSB members already.
              Originally posted by Abraham Lincoln
              "The problem with internet quotes, is that you can never be sure they are real".

Comment

Originally posted by NAK3D View Post
                I got mine from Lonelec with no regrets, I believe it's the same cable for all Trump's and works fine with TuneECU.
                You are welcome to borrow it if you want to try it out first. It has been used by a few PSB members already.
                Great thanks! I'll send you a PM.

Comment

Thanks to NAK3D for lending me the cable.

So I'm having trouble getting it to get a response from the ECU. I'm using the Window 10 FTDI 2.12.06 drivers from here http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm. Tune ECU 2.5.5 from here http://tuneecu.com/TuneECU_En/links.html. Different variations of removing the 5 + 10 amp fuses for the front and rear lights with kill switch enabled / disabled and the ignition on. The battery is fully charged. Laptop is on mains power. The cable's green light is on.

When attempting to connect the red flashing thing on TuneECU flashes in groups with pauses and after about 20 seconds or so reports that the ECU is not responding each time.

Anyone have any ideas of what I might be missing?

Cheers.

Comment

Not sure what the issue is, but if you want to try it on my setup I should be around tomorrow.
                    Originally posted by Abraham Lincoln
                    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you can never be sure they are real".

Comment

Sounds like could be an issue with the drivers or windows. Taking the light fuse out is just to save bike battery I think .. so required for a reflash, but I thought it would connect up to ECU regardless. Mine is Street Triple though.

Comment

I ended up using the Android app which worked first time so yeah, it looks like a drivers / windows issue. I thought it might the be firewall or antivirus, I even tried in Safe Mode but still no luck with Windows.

Comment

Hi everyone I have a triumph 955i that is running rich. Is there anyone on here that has the obd2 to USB cable?

Comment

Originally posted by Micko999 View Post
                            Hi everyone I have a triumph 955i that is running rich. Is there anyone on here that has the obd2 to USB cable?
                            Yep I’ve got one

Comment

Originally posted by Water pig View Post

Yep I’ve got one
                              Hey Mate... you loaning or selling?
                              Might be looking at getting the wife's T120 sorted as it's running slightly lumpy at the moment
                              "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Working...
                              X