Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flush mounted indicators

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Flush mounted indicators

    Hi guys, I currently have "white" front indicators, I think this is due to the globe colour?

    Well I have my PDA coming up soonish and was told they can fail you for this as it is not roadworthy?
    Can anyone confirm this?

    If so I'll be needing to change the globe to orange, and was just wondering what is the best way to go about this.
    Do I need to remove the whole front/side fairings or is there a simple solution?
    Bike is a '06 zx636.

    Cheers, Dave

  • #2
    Do you mean the apparent light is white, or the lens is?

    If you have clear lens, fit amber bulbs. If you have amber lens, fit regular bulbs?
    Ryan

    Originally posted by Aufitt
    Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 98kellrs View Post
      Do you mean the apparent light is white, or the lens is?

      If you have clear lens, fit amber bulbs. If you have amber lens, fit regular bulbs?
      The apparent light is white.

      Pretty sure this is because both the globe and the lens is clear.

      So options would be to fit either orange globes or lenses?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by david.96 View Post
        The apparent light is white.

        Pretty sure this is because both the globe and the lens is clear.

        So options would be to fit either orange globes or lenses?
        Easiest option is $10 worth of amber globes from SuperCheap. Two screws and about 10 minutes and you should be alright.

        You can spend more and get "invisible" orange globes if you want. They're a bit more expensive but look better as they don't appear orange from the outside until they illuminate.
        Ryan

        Originally posted by Aufitt
        Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 98kellrs View Post
          Easiest option is $10 worth of amber globes from SuperCheap. Two screws and about 10 minutes and you should be alright.

          You can spend more and get "invisible" orange globes if you want. They're a bit more expensive but look better as they don't appear orange from the outside until they illuminate.
          Yea that's what I was planning on doing but cant seem to get the indicator casing off that easily...I'm hoping I don't have to remove the whole fairing etc.

          Comment


          • #6
            Are they perhaps LED instead of regular globe?
            Ryan

            Originally posted by Aufitt
            Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

            Comment


            • #7

              Comment

              Working...
              X