Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing front axle on a ZX7R

Heyz,

I've been going nuts trying to remove the front axle on my ZX7, its an absolute PRIC to say the least. My RGV was ezy as....

As most of you know theres 2 hexagonal holes on opposite ends of the axle (one larger than the other). I have a tool that fits in the larger side and when i undo the axle my spedometer motor turns with it, and after 3/4 of a turn fouls against the fork leg jamming it up and 'spreading' the base of the fork legs apart.

The other side of hte axle with the smaller hex piece which looks like it bolts onto the axle ie 2 pieces to the axle?, and farked if i can undo that either.

So after a bit of swearing and frustration have any of you guys got any ideas 2 help us out?

not sure about your bike, but on the ZZR250 the axle comes out from clutch lever side to front brake leaver side.

There are pinch bolts going through the forks (one each fork) facing towards the engine.on the zzr you loosen the one on the front break lever side and unscrew the axle, this leaves the hex bolt solid in the clutch lever side fork.... when the axle has been unscrewed as far it can be gently try to pull it out whilst supporting the wheel and noting spacer and speedo drive positions...

If its the same set up as the zzr you shouldn't need to loosen the pinch bolt on the clutch lever side.... thus leaving the wheel alignment ok on reassembly....( on some bikes there is a tollerance measure for reallignment)

hope this helps but remember this is only what I found on a 1990 ZZR 250 your bike may be different and I may have been drunk when doing
    it ( if so Gonzo your fucked )

Good luck, post a reply if this was any help.....

Comment

Oh shit......

anyone wanna buy the ZZR ???

Comment

Got it!!!

yep did as u said gonzo, left the pinch bolts on the clutch lever side done up

now to get this wheel of be4 12:30 so i can take it to get my warped brakes repaired.

Also ordered a zx7 workshop manual through pitstop bookshops web page to save time in all these nitty gritty things

Comment

Got it!!!

yep did as u said gonzo, left the pinch bolts on the clutch lever side done up

now to get this wheel of be4 12:30 so i can take it to get my warped brakes repaired.

Also ordered a zx7 workshop manual through pitstop bookshops web page to save time in all these nitty gritty things
          Dude Gordo helped ya.... im useless!

Comment

Dude Gordo helped ya.... im useless!
            Yeah you can say that again

jesus , I just got some credit from my son :shock: :shock: :shock:

Comment

Few and far between.... cherish it!

Comment

oh well ill b dammed ahhah

either way the problems now solved

Comment

Working...